Air fryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air fryer

Well I did it. I bought a little (4qt) one. Haven't used it yet. I think I'd rather have the kind with racks BUT didn't want to spend that much til I have an idea if I'll like or use it.
    if I love it I'll get a bigger one if not I'll give it to someone.

Originally posted by rosie View Post
    Well I did it. I bought a little (4qt) one. Haven't used it yet. I think I'd rather have the kind with racks BUT didn't want to spend that much til I have an idea if I'll like or use it.
    if I love it I'll get a bigger one if not I'll give it to someone.
    I'm sure you'll love it, rosie. I used mine at least once a day. I gave mine to my son a week ago and I miss it so much. I'll have a new one in the next house. Great thing about the one with the drawers, you can give the food a good shake during cooking and the drawer and basket goes in the dishwasher.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I've been wanting to get one, but keep waiting for some reason. I've talked to people who have loved them and some who regret buying them. Then, there are the differences in the brands. I have no idea which brand to buy. I'd probably only use it for FF's and other things I cannot fry, due to having no gallbladder.

Comment

I also have been thinking about getting one, but I am not sure I want to give up counter space ?
        And i know if i dont have the appliance out on the counter , well I probably wont use it much.
        And I doubt I would use it every day

Comment

I just want to add that a friend of mine said that air fryers are nothing more then toaster ovens on steroids. I thought that was funny. But since I dont have a toaster oven either, I really dont know

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
            I've been wanting to get one, but keep waiting for some reason. I've talked to people who have loved them and some who regret buying them. Then, there are the differences in the brands. I have no idea which brand to buy. I'd probably only use it for FF's and other things I cannot fry, due to having no gallbladder.
            Allie, you can cook almost everything in them. I've even cooked my bread in mine, just to see if it worked out. Since we've been buying the bake-at-home rolls, I've been cooking them in the airfryer and they come out soft in the middle and crunchy on the crust. I have a spray bottle of water to moisten the rolls before cooking... they turn out better if you do.

I also keep a spray bottle with oil for giving chips a quick spray... minimum oil but they turn out amazing.

As for brand... buy a cheap one first. I was using one that cost me $35 at KMart and it still looked brand new when I gave it to my son. They all work the same way so if you pay more, it's just for the brand name or outer appearance. Aldi often sell them cheaply.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I just want to add that a friend of mine said that air fryers are nothing more then toaster ovens on steroids. I thought that was funny. But since I dont have a toaster oven either, I really dont know
              *LOL* they are a bit like that, Sabine. They are just like a miniature fan forced oven.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I have 5 air fryers (different places). Different types. My favorite one is the bucket shaped one (Power XL). It gets used several times a week. I love how fast it cooks meatballs with less time and mess. I use it for fries, brussel sprouts, tortilla wrapped hot dogs, burgers, wings, corn dogs, French toast roll ups, egg rolls, French toast pockets, baked potatoes, crispy tacos, cornbread, empanadas, potato skins, crispy chicken for sandwiches…so much more.

Comment

I thought about getting one but doubt I would use one enough to invest in one. I do use my toaster oven quite a bit. When I remodeled my kitchen I found it easier to have fewer items on my counter top.

Comment

I cooked bacon and little smokies yesterday. Thru the fries & fish (not the bun) in when I got home. We are both enjoying playing with it. So far I'm quite happy.
                    I love all the stuff everyone says they cook in it. Gives me ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      I have 5 air fryers (different places). Different types. My favorite one is the bucket shaped one (Power XL). It gets used several times a week. I love how fast it cooks meatballs with less time and mess. I use it for fries, brussel sprouts, tortilla wrapped hot dogs, burgers, wings, corn dogs, French toast roll ups, egg rolls, French toast pockets, baked potatoes, crispy tacos, cornbread, empanadas, potato skins, crispy chicken for sandwiches…so much more.
                      You really use it Bean. Most people I hear talk about it use it for fries and wings and that seems about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

You really use it Bean. Most people I hear talk about it use it for fries and wings and that seems about it.
                        Once you get used to using it for other things it’s just a habit. I love how easy they are to use and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Once you get used to using it for other things it’s just a habit. I love how easy they are to use and clean.
                          Absolutely agree with you, Bean... I've gone a week without my air fryer and have lost count the number of times I turned around to put something in it. I usually cook sausages, bacon, 'fried' onion, scones/biscuits... my most useful appliance by far

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Absolutely agree with you, Bean... I've gone a week without my air fryer and have lost count the number of times I turned around to put something in it. I usually cook sausages, bacon, 'fried' onion, scones/biscuits... my most useful appliance by far
                            It’s what got us by when we moved here because we had no oven. In fact I used it daily and sometimes more than once a day and it died. I had to get a new one. It will be one of the first things I move when we do.

Comment

HA just did a doz "boiled" eggs. No water ofcoarse. 16 min @250. 18 or 19 min would be perfect. I'm havin a blast with this thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X