Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I can see the sun coming up and that is a welcome sight. It will be a partly sunny day with the high of 35 and the low of 30.

Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, butternut squash and brownies will be dinner tonight.

What Monday night dinner will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

For dinner we just scrounged around in what's left in the fridge. I went out and bought some fresh bread and John made himself a couple of chicken sandwiches. I had a can of baked beans with fresh bread. I'm kinda hungry again but it might only feel that way because I know that the fridge is almost empty. I'll make a hot chocolate shake and pop tarts for supper. John wants eggs for breakfast so that's good... I need to use them up.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Oh I am ready for spring!! I wanted to go for a walk with the dog but its still 20 outside.

I have a small turkey I am cooking up today, making green beans and loaded cauliflower to go with. I really need to go shopping but I am waiting for the mail to come for the goofing covid test just to be on the safe side.

Comment

I'm leaning toward bubble & squeak. Got some cabbage need to use. Joe likes crispy bacon mixed in. I prefer hamburger. So we add meat after it's done. This is NOT traditional bubble & squeak. It's my ex's "recipe"

Comment

I can't believe I am posting on the dinner thread, considering I really don't cook much. But today I am making chicken a la king. It is a recipe out of a pillsbury recipe booklet from 2002. I don't know if any of you remember those small booklets with some great recipes. Anyway I had this booklet for many years, 20 years , LOL, and it is one of my cold weather standby recipes.
          I will post it in tried and true if anybody is interested.

Comment

Sabine - I looked at your chicken a la king in Tried and True and it is pretty much how I make mine too. I like adding the pimentos for color as they don't really add flavor. I usually make over toast, but biscuits would be good too. A nice winter meal.

Tonight, I am making salmon for my husband (I don't eat it) and I will have some leftover pasta w/small white chicken chunks/Italian sausage slices/green peppers in the sauce and a meatball left over from my tea.

Comment

I like salmon filet with butter garlic sauce over it and lemon slices. But I also make salmon patties quite often,, more in the summer because I don't have to turn the oven on.

Comment

I used to love getting those Pillsbury booklets and the ones from Taste of Home. Haven’t seen them for awhile but I still have all of mine.

Just like that, February is done! It has been very rainy all day, especially from Seattle south. They’ve had over 2” just today, while north of Everett where we are has had about 1/2” or so. Ken had a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and that took awhile. We stopped and picked up 2 RX’s and came home.

I took the rest of the taco meat and combined it with cheese and olives and rolled them into enchiladas and we’ll have refried beans with them.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  I used to love getting those Pillsbury booklets and the ones from Taste of Home. Haven’t seen them for awhile but I still have all of mine.

Just like that, February is done! It has been very rainy all day, especially from Seattle south. They’ve had over 2” just today, while north of Everett where we are has had about 1/2” or so. Ken had a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and that took awhile. We stopped and picked up 2 RX’s and came home.

I took the rest of the taco meat and combined it with cheese and olives and rolled them into enchiladas and we’ll have refried beans with them.
                  I don't see them anymore either, haven't seen them for years now and i miss them. They had good recipes. Martha Stewart also had a booklet out in those years called everyday cooking, I loved it. No, I am not a Martha Stewart fan, but those recipe booklets were good.

Comment

Sabine, I had a subscription to that one too, I think it was Everyday Food or something like that. A few of my favorite recipes came from that one. Some of the Taste of Home booklets had so many recipes that I’d tried and loved. I’ve been guarding those with my life!

Comment

I still have my school text book for cooking. It's called Cookery The Australian Way and was written by some Home Economics teachers in Melbourne. It's a very sought after book to this day. I had two copies and recently sold one of them for $55. I kept the one I used most.
                      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X