Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is in full beauty and the sky is cloudless at the moment with a rain/snow mixture moving in this evening. The high of 42 and the low of 22 with a chance of snow accumulations.

Dinner will be fried cabbage with smoked sausage and potatoes mixed in. A fruit salad will complete the meal.

What will you be having this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Fried cabbage sounds good. My daughter did that recently and it looked great. I am clueless about dinner.

Comment

Second last day of packing. Tiff came here after work and helped me with the Swarovski collection. She took each piece from the cabinet and I sat at a table and boxed them. Tomorrow I only have our clothes and the crockery and cutlery that we've been using.

John was out playing poker with his friend, Frank. He had dinner when he got home: pork, potato, pumpkin, peas and gravy left over from this meal the night before. For the first time in my life I phoned for a pizza to be delivered and it was so good. It arrived hot and appetising. I have the other half to eat tomorrow. From Friday night we will be staying at a local hotel for three nights before we start driving to Adelaide. My computer and modem will be going in the removal truck on Friday morning.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
        Second last day of packing. Tiff came here after work and helped me with the Swarovski collection. She took each piece from the cabinet and I sat at a table and boxed them. Tomorrow I only have our clothes and the crockery and cutlery that we've been using.

John was out playing poker with his friend, Frank. He had dinner when he got home: pork, potato, pumpkin, peas and gravy left over from this meal the night before. For the first time in my life I phoned for a pizza to be delivered and it was so good. It arrived hot and appetising. I have the other half to eat tomorrow. From Friday night we will be staying at a local hotel for three nights before we start driving to Adelaide. My computer and modem will be going in the removal truck on Friday morning.
        I bet that pizza was delicious! We don’t have much delivery here and haven’t had any delivery in probably a few years. It’s a good thing we got used to it because where we are moving there is no delivery at all. Nothing. So, we won’t miss it.

Comment

you must be moving way out into the country, living on acreage ? I don't get delivery either, my choice, but it is available.

Comment

It’s been cool, quite cloudy and we had some light rain this morning. Not much happening here at all, guess I’ll get back to my book.

We’re going to finish the beef and cheese enchiladas and refried beans for our dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

I bet that pizza was delicious! We don’t have much delivery here and haven’t had any delivery in probably a few years. It’s a good thing we got used to it because where we are moving there is no delivery at all. Nothing. So, we won’t miss it.
              It was the second best pizza I've ever had. The best was from a restaurant in Canberra and I had prawns, pumpkin, avocado and pine nuts. The one I had last night was called "gourmet supreme" and had ham, onion, capsicum, olives, pineapple and something I couldn't identify but whatever it was, I liked it a lot...
              Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Pineapple on Pizza ?? Isn't there a law against that , if there isn't, there should be one. LOL just kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  you must be moving way out into the country, living on acreage ? I don't get delivery either, my choice, but it is available.
                  Heading up to the mountain boonies (as my friend calls it). We got some land. There is a small town close but no groceries or even a gas station. We have to drive to town for mail/packages. It’s going to be interesting for sure.

Comment

Pineapple on Pizza ?? Isn't there a law against that , if there isn't, there should be one. LOL just kidding
                    That is soooo funny. The great debate pineapple on pizza! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

It was the second best pizza I've ever had. The best was from a restaurant in Canberra and I had prawns, pumpkin, avocado and pine nuts. The one I had last night was called "gourmet supreme" and had ham, onion, capsicum, olives, pineapple and something I couldn't identify but whatever it was, I liked it a lot...
                      That was one heck of a pizza, the first one. Glad you loved it. Hubby loves pineapple on certain pizzas, I’ll give in once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Heading up to the mountain boonies (as my friend calls it). We got some land. There is a small town close but no groceries or even a gas station. We have to drive to town for mail/packages. It’s going to be interesting for sure.
                        How far is the nearest grocery store, or any store ? Hospital / doctor ? The older I get I think about those things more.
                        My daughter and her husband have a cattle ranch west of San Antonio , about a 1 hour 45 min drive on a good day. Nearest grocery store is a good 30 min for her, same for medical care.
                        Living isolated you have to be very organized and have your lists made when you do drive into town. There is no corner store if you forget the bread or milk.

Comment

I like pineapple on some pizzas, my husband does not. I’ll order it on half a pizza sometimes. I love the contrast of the sweet with the spicy/salty.

Comment

How far is the nearest grocery store, or any store ? Hospital / doctor ? The older I get I think about those things more.
                            My daughter and her husband have a cattle ranch west of San Antonio , about a 1 hour 45 min drive on a good day. Nearest grocery store is a good 30 min for her, same for medical care.
                            Living isolated you have to be very organized and have your lists made when you do drive into town. There is no corner store if you forget the bread or milk.
                            Trust me it’s covered. Yes, emergencies happen. Nearest shopping is just over 30 minutes away. We have already met a bunch of people who live up there. Friendliest people ever. We’ve been working this for awhile. Hubby will still make the commute to work some days, work the rest from home. We’ll be stocked up. I make my own bread. LOL

Comment

Sounds like you have it all worked out

Comment

Working...
                              X