fare thee well, my friends...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fare thee well, my friends...

...just for a few days (sorry to disappoint ). I'm about to pack up my computer and desk. Truck will be here in about an hour.

I shall return as an Adelaidean!
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

The start of a great new journey! Safe travels.

Comment

We’ll miss you! I’m wishing you a safe, comfortable and uneventful trip too. I’m so happy for you!

Comment

Thank you. It's so hot and humid today that I'm literally melting. The truck is half packed

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Safe travels

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
            Thank you. It's so hot and humid today that I'm literally melting. The truck is half packed
            That sounds like the weather we had when we left California. Hot, humid, horrible and miserable heavy traffic. I wouldn’t wish that trip on my worst enemy. Be safe dear friend!

Comment

Bye Bye....but hello again, soon. We'll miss you!

Comment

Looking forward to hearing about the adventure. SO exciting !!!

ADELAIDE OR BUST !!!!!

Comment

Safe travels!
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thank you, all. We are starting in a hotel and we haven't gone far. It's got free WIFI!

Two removalists finished packing their truck at around 5pm. Things went totally down the toilet thereafter. I'll tell you the story when I get my computer back. Suffice to say, my online review may need to be censored...

it's now almost midnight on Saturday and the truck is being unloaded, in absolute silence after the owner of the company told him to keep his mouth shut. My SIL is supervising.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

Wow, the truck is being unloaded, that doesn't sound good. Bad start to this move. Can't wait to hear the story why all this is happening.

Comment

I'm a little confused. You have left Melton and you are staying in a hotel in Adelaide now - right? And your movers are putting the furniture into your rental house until your house is being built - right? The reason I am thinking you are at your destination in that you said your son in law is supervising and he is in Adelaide. I think Sabine was thinking you got the truck packed and then everything was taken off without traveling to Adelaide. Inquiring minds want to know!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                            I'm a little confused. You have left Melton and you are staying in a hotel in Adelaide now - right? And your movers are putting the furniture into your rental house until your house is being built - right? The reason I am thinking you are at your destination in that you said your son in law is supervising and he is in Adelaide. I think Sabine was thinking you got the truck packed and then everything was taken off without traveling to Adelaide. Inquiring minds want to know!!
                            Well, I could be the one that is confused. But the drive from Melton to Adelaide is a good 7 hours or so, if I remember correctly what Chayote told me a while back. So I get the impression that something went very wrong with the movers loading the truck and they had to unload ?? Chayote and husband are at a hotel in Melton. The son in law that is supervising the movers is the other son in law, the one that lives in Melton with her daughter Tiffany. He is Immy's father. That is how I understood what she posted. Correct me if I am wrong Chayote.

Comment

We will have to wait for Chayote to explain. The only son in law she has is in Adelaide - Andrew and Hannah's dad. Tiff has a partner who is the father of Immy. Life is complicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X