Re-opening = masks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-opening = masks?

So...once mask mandate is lifted, maybe in different areas states etc. Will you continue to wear a mask or not, or in certain situations? We here in Ontario, Canada still have too. When we travelled to Florida last month, we wore our masks everywhere...noticed that there was a lot that did not. Hopefully most of those were vaccinated. think that I will continue to mask up when in places with lots of people once we do not have to.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Our mask mandate will continue until March 12 here in WA. Ken and I talked about it and there are places we will continue to wear them for the time being, mostly places like Walmart and Costco. We’ve avoided getting sick all this time, better to feel safe, at least for us. I hate wearing one, makes my glasses fog up something terrible!

Comment

Indiana's has been lifted. I will continue to wear mine forever. Now that I know more I do not relish breathing someone else's droplets EEEWWW.

Comment

Mandates are lifted here in our town, in Texas all over as far as I know. Clothes mask and paper masks are not really protecting you anyway , but if it makes you feel better and safe , go for it.
        Nobody wore a mask before Covid and we all were breathing in germs , flu / cold germs it was all in the air, and nobody wore a mask. I always wonder about people who wear a mask in their cars, driving all by themselves, or people riding a bike and wearing a mask, nobody around them, makes no sense to me.
        I just want to add before anybody jumps on me, yes, I am vaccinated, including booster shot. And I wore my mask when I had , not because I wanted to, didn't think that a layer of paper could keep that virus away . But our government thought it would. We all now know how wrong they were about masks and everything else. JMHO
        Last edited by Sabine; 03-04-2022, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
          Indiana's has been lifted. I will continue to wear mine forever. Now that I know more I do not relish breathing someone else's droplets EEEWWW.
          You didn't know that germs / droplets are in the air , all the time , you only learned about that fact since we had covid ? really .... Covid is a similar virus that also causes the regular cold. Read up on it.

Comment

COVID is real and way worse than the flu. My BIL was in the hospital for about a week. He couldn't' breath and they found that he had fluid on the outside of his lungs. They pulled 26 pounds of fluid out from around his lungs. He lost his sense of taste and smell. He has now developed diabetes and a heart condition. He's on a heart medication that is like $1000 a month and he has no medical insurance. My mom tested positive, but she was one of the lucky ones that didn't have severe symptoms because she had both vaccines and the booster.
            I'll continue to wear my mask and I'm not wearing it to protect myself. I wear it to protect other people.

Comment

I didn't say that covid was not real. Didnt say that at all. Some people had covid with hardly any symptoms, others wound up in ICU.
              Same can happen if you catch a cold or come down with the flu. People can have a bad cold and get pneumonia and wind up in ICU.
              All I said was that paper masks dont give you much protection from covid or any germs/ viruses. That's all I said, dont twist my words.c
              Covid is caused by a virus that is similar to the virus that causes the common cold, hence the similar symptoms.
              You want to wear a mask , wear a mask , wear two, if it makes you feel better..

Comment

The mask mandates here in Illinois were lifted last Monday. I'm still working part time at the local library, and have had a mask in my pocket all week but haven't worn it. My co-workers who mainly work out on the floor interacting with customers are still wearing them, but the rest of us are probably 50/50 as to whether or not we are wearing them. Overall, more than 90% of our staff (we employ 225-250) were vaccinated. When not at work and running errands, my husband and I are not wearing them. It feels good; at times I'd feel lightheaded and "woozy" with the mask on, and especially when busy--pushing carts and shelving, or checking in and sorting materials.

Comment

I do wear it for others BUT I also wear it for myself. I've been vacs and boosted but idiots around here ??? It is uncomfortable sometimes. Really don't have much trouble with it. I wear two. One is thin and doesn't move when I breath so it doesn't plaster itself to my mouth lol then a surgical mask over it.
                  I live in moron country so I figure most are not vaccinated.
                  Last edited by rosie; 03-05-2022, 09:26 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    I didn't say that covid was not real. Didnt say that at all. Some people had covid with hardly any symptoms, others wound up in ICU.
                    Same can happen if you catch a cold or come down with the flu. People can have a bad cold and get pneumonia and wind up in ICU.
                    All I said was that paper masks dont give you much protection from covid or any germs/ viruses. That's all I said, dont twist my words.c
                    Covid is caused by a virus that is similar to the virus that causes the common cold, hence the similar symptoms.
                    You want to wear a mask , wear a mask , wear two, if it makes you feel better..
                    Sorry if I sounded like a a$$. I just had an argument with my sister over this yesterday. So many people where I'm from just blow this off as fake news. It's so irritating. I've been looked at funny, told I didn't' need to wear it, laughed at, etc. I'm not one to bite my tongue, but I do in this case becasue I dont' want my PU to be vandalized. People are crazy around here.

Comment

I wear a mask 90% of the time when I go out. Better safe than sorry. Hubs does not wear one because he is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post

Sorry if I sounded like a a$$. I just had an argument with my sister over this yesterday. So many people where I'm from just blow this off as fake news. It's so irritating. I've been looked at funny, told I didn't' need to wear it, laughed at, etc. I'm not one to bite my tongue, but I do in this case becasue I dont' want my PU to be vandalized. People are crazy around here.
                        Its OK AllieK, you didn't sound like a A**. Your family was hit hard by this virus , understandable that you feel upset. We all have to do what we are comfortable with, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe, then do it.
                        Nobody should judge you. My son didn't want to get the vaccine for the longest time. He finally did , but not the booster. Someone in his office came down with the virus and everybody was tested. Yep, my son had the virus , but no symptoms, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Its OK AllieK, you didn't sound like a A**. Your family was hit hard by this virus , understandable that you feel upset. We all have to do what we are comfortable with, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe, then do it.
                          Nobody should judge you. My son didn't want to get the vaccine for the longest time. He finally did , but not the booster. Someone in his office came down with the virus and everybody was tested. Yep, my son had the virus , but no symptoms, go figure.
                          I think the vaccines helped your son. It gives them more to fight it off with. It's lucky he took the vaccines. Like my mom, she tested positive and no symptoms and she is 86 years old. MY BIL took the first 2 vaccines, but got bad symptoms, but he didn't die from it. I think it helped keep him alive. The vaccines don't keep you from getting it, but gives you something to fight with

Comment

Working...
                          X