No politics please....just a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No politics please....just a question

Where do you stand on the Ukranian invasion by Russia? Should we go in and help and risk being pulled into WWIII? Dh and I differ in our opinions. He thinks we should go in a bomb the crap out of Russia. I dont' want to risk the fallout of nuclear bombs and my dd lives in Alaska, which is quite close to Russia. Where do you stand?

North and South Dakota would probably be on the top of the list to get bombed because that is where the majority of ICBM are stored. Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska and Missouri would probably be next followed by all military bases. I have mixed feelings. No we do not need WWIII but at some point you have to stop the bully from kicking all the kids on the playground. I would guess that Putin get assinated by one of his own in the next week if he doesn't end this thing quickly. The problem is who would take over because the list of top candidates is just as bad as Putin. It seems like the UK is on the verge of sending in troops.

Comment

I'm in the same quandary. I think we should bomb the ever lovin out of poopoo but then again don't want WW111. I do feel we & all allies must do more like go in and fight along side of Ukraine. I keep turning it around. If it was us under attack I want more help than money.

Comment

I can only hope that the USA has learned something from the past, from senseless wars in VietNam, Iraq, Afghanistan. This would be another senseless war ( for us) if we go in with our troops. We already have lost way too many people in those wars.
        Putin should have been stopped in 2014 when he invaded and took over Crimea, but he wasn't. So now he is going to finish what he wants to do, invading Ukraine, and then probably trying to invade Poland and Hungary. Something he already tried in the mid 50's when he rolled into Hungary, but it didn't work and he was pushed back. Putin has visions of uniting the former USRR back to where it was before the Berlin wall came down. He has been planning this for many years.
        So to answer the question , yes, Putin needs to be stopped, don't know how, but if we bring our troops in it will mean war for us and do we want our soldiers to die , again ???
        Putin is KGB trained , and to him the invasion is rational, while the rest of the world sees him as a mad man. We don't know how this is going to end, and that is so scary. If nuclear weapons are used that could be the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I hope someone takes him out but he is basically a coward, so will be in hiding. I read yesterday where he is taking burn boxes to Ukraine. I wonder who he wants to cremate? His army to hide the number of casualties or the civilians (women and children) he kills and wants to hide the fact that he killed women and children? It just reminds me of the Holocaust. The people in Russia have no idea what is really happening. They cannot get any news and think Ukraine is the aggressor is killing it's own people. Some of the younger people know what is happening because of news they got over social media before that was shut down, but the older people have no idea. I actually feel sorry for the Russian people too, but they need to get tough and take their country back by eliminating that dictator once and for all. As to who takes over? Whoever it would be would know how the world pulled together to fight against Putin and maybe they would think twice before attempting the same thing. Putin is KGB. Probably not many of those left.

Comment

don't be to sure about that AllieK, this is what I found on the internet. KGB just changed names.

Technically, no. The KGB (Committee for State Security) was replaced by the FSB (Federal Security Bureau) in 1991 but many would argue that this was a change in name only. While the organization's tentacles are not as far-reaching since the fall of the Iron Curtain, at least in present day Russia and its former republics (Ukraine and Crimea being two prime examples) the FSB is every bit as active and ruthless as the KGB was during the Cold War years. And their operations against the U.S., while the focus has shifted somewhat from political/military to economic intelligence gathering, continue unabated. Keep in mind, current Russian President Vladimir Putin spent 16 years as a KGB officer so, speeches and "reforms" aside, Russian spies know they have a friend at the top!

Comment

I think you would be surprised what is really happening in Russia. I have some Russian Tik Tok people that I have been following for quite a while. They are out in the streets protesting. They have busses around St. Petersburg to load them up on. As of 4 days ago the local magistrates were letting the protestors off with a slap on the wrist because they don't want this either. They cant take more than 20 dollars out of the bank and there are shortages already. I haven't seen any new updates in the last 4 days so who knows what is happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                I think you would be surprised what is really happening in Russia. I have some Russian Tik Tok people that I have been following for quite a while. They are out in the streets protesting. They have busses around St. Petersburg to load them up on. As of 4 days ago the local magistrates were letting the protestors off with a slap on the wrist because they don't want this either. They cant take more than 20 dollars out of the bank and there are shortages already. I haven't seen any new updates in the last 4 days so who knows what is happening now.
                I might be wrong, but I think I saw something about Tik Tok blocking Russia media, as did FaceBook

Comment

I am not on Facebook or Tik Tok, so I don't know. I have no clue how much the Russian people really know of what is going on in Ukraine ? I doubt that they are being told the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    I am not on Facebook or Tik Tok, so I don't know. I have no clue how much the Russian people really know of what is going on in Ukraine ? I doubt that they are being told the truth.
                    They are showing a lot on MSNBC

Comment

Working...
                    X