March 6th Dinner Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 6th Dinner Post

What a beautiful morning with a clear sky, gentle breeze and mild temperatures with a high of 68 and the low of 38. Rain is moving in later today and we will have wind gusts of 40 MPH. I have already been out on the porch just watching birds fluttering around and hearing their beautiful songs.

I ran a lot of errands yesterday as the weather was perfect for it and I guess everyone else had the same idea as the traffic was heavy and places crowded starting early in the day. I picked up a nice ham steak so scalloped potatoes with ham in them, roasted broccoli and butternut squash will be our Sunday dinner.

What is on the menu for yours?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Beautiful day in the 60s. My chickens have started laying again haven't had an egg since Nov. Stupid chickens. Store eggs are gross.

Joe suggested fresh side fried potatos and peas. So that's what he'll have I'll have the last tenderloin.

Comment

It’s dark and snowy, you’d swear it was the middle of winter. 5 inches due. Perfect day and night for comfort kibble. Cooking today with the fireplace going.

Brunch, Green Chile Waffled Quesadillas, Smoked Maple Turkey Steak with a side of fresh fruit.

Dinner, Smokehouse Turkey Breast (crockpot), Cottage Potatoes, Cheddar Jalapeño Stuffing and Garlicky Green Beans and Peas.

If I have time, I’ll make something sweet.

Comment

Your brunch and dinner sound so good Bean. I have no clue and I think I will go and pick up something for dinner, but what ??

Comment

Thanks Sabine. It’s going to be nice to have leftovers the next couple days. Did you find something at the store?

Comment

No, mainly because I didn't go to the store , too lazy to go and didn't really know what to get anyway. So, I do what I usually do, I heat up a TV dinner. I always have some Stouffers tv dinner in the freezer, so meatloaf and mashed potatoes it is. Corn on the side, French bread, some pickled beets . That will have to do for tonight. I have some cherry tomatoes , I may slice them up and serve with onions , salt and pepper.
            I know, it is so exciting, but your dinner is so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              No, mainly because I didn't go to the store , too lazy to go and didn't really know what to get anyway. So, I do what I usually do, I heat up a TV dinner. I always have some Stouffers tv dinner in the freezer, so meatloaf and mashed potatoes it is. Corn on the side, French bread, some pickled beets . That will have to do for tonight. I have some cherry tomatoes , I may slice them up and serve with onions , salt and pepper.
              I know, it is so exciting, but your dinner is so much better.
              LOL! I have nights like that too. Just a bean and cheese burrito and it works. Actually I’d like less cooking these days.

Comment

WOW! Bean..all sounds so yummy!
                I got productive in kitchen today as I was feeling much better. We had our bacon and egg breakfast, then I made some oatmeal raisin cookies, cooked a bunch of eggs for egg salad. Made that up, then made a stuffing for a little chicken to roast, sides of roasted potatoes and carrots
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                  WOW! Bean..all sounds so yummy!
                  I got productive in kitchen today as I was feeling much better. We had our bacon and egg breakfast, then I made some oatmeal raisin cookies, cooked a bunch of eggs for egg salad. Made that up, then made a stuffing for a little chicken to roast, sides of roasted potatoes and carrots
                  Glad you are feeling better. Your meals sound great!

Comment

It’s been a really pretty day today, did some vacuuming and a few other things around the house. Ken isn’t feeling all that great, he had an appointment with his doctor last week and his blood tests had some numbers that are showing anemia. I’m going to call tomorrow and get him back in as soon as possible to see what can be done about it. He’s got no energy and not much appetite right now. I’m quite worried about him.

I’m going to make some flank steak in a mustard and caper wine sauce and some sautéed zucchini for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                    X