Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

After a beautiful day yesterday seeing people out walking wearing shorts and sandals and sitting outside in the sun and visiting with the neighbor children, today seems like gloom and doom.

It is overcast with rain, heavy at times, and the high of 36 and the low of 29 with snow flurries later tonight.

I am making stromboli for dinner along with a salad and some fruit.

What meal is calling your name?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I think I will use something from the freezer.
    Right now my taste buds are calling for lasagna
    With the food prices on the rise this is a good choice
    with a salad

Comment

I agree mellon. I also thought lasagna, but my taste buds were wanting stromboli. Enjoy!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Taking the leftovers from yesterday and making my Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole with side salads. I have a double batch of peppered jerky going for the guys renovating our mountain house. They are really doing a great job, so I like to bring them homemade snacks.

Comment

Our weather has turned sour. After 85 this weekend , we had a front come through last night , the temp today is only in the mid 40's , cold wind and a chance of rain.
          So in light of all that I decided to cook tonight. Went to the store this morning and bought some brisket burgers, side will be fried potatoes ( with onions and bacon ) and roasted cauliflower for me, David gets canned green beans. He doesn't like cauliflower. I love cauliflower and brussel sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            Our weather has turned sour. After 85 this weekend , we had a front come through last night , the temp today is only in the mid 40's , cold wind and a chance of rain.
            So in light of all that I decided to cook tonight. Went to the store this morning and bought some brisket burgers, side will be fried potatoes ( with onions and bacon ) and roasted cauliflower for me, David gets canned green beans. He doesn't like cauliflower. I love cauliflower and brussel sprouts.
            We both love brussel sprouts. I buy them almost weekly. I air fry them and we can really put them away. LOL

Comment

Got up fairly early so I could call and make Ken a doctor’s appointment, got one for 2:45 today. We went, talked to the doctor and got him set up for a CT scan of the abdomen area tomorrow afternoon. He’s lost a few more pounds just since last week and both the doctor and I are quite concerned. He’s lost about 30 pounds in just a couple of months or so, not a good thing. He’s severely anemic right now and with his cancer history my first thoughts go straight to the worst possible diagnosis. I haven’t voiced my fear to Ken, but it’s right there in my head. All good vibes are appreciated right now!

We called Moose Creek BBQ from the doctor’s office and the order was ready for pick up when we got there. We had smoked pulled pork and their potato salad. It was so good!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                Got up fairly early so I could call and make Ken a doctor’s appointment, got one for 2:45 today. We went, talked to the doctor and got him set up for a CT scan of the abdomen area tomorrow afternoon. He’s lost a few more pounds just since last week and both the doctor and I are quite concerned. He’s lost about 30 pounds in just a couple of months or so, not a good thing. He’s severely anemic right now and with his cancer history my first thoughts go straight to the worst possible diagnosis. I haven’t voiced my fear to Ken, but it’s right there in my head. All good vibes are appreciated right now!

We called Moose Creek BBQ from the doctor’s office and the order was ready for pick up when we got there. We had smoked pulled pork and their potato salad. It was so good!
                Definitely good vibes going your way!!! AND since I believe I will remember him in prayer

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

Charlene, being a cancer survivor myself, I know how you feel. My thoughts are with you and your husband, please keep us posted.

Comment

Thank you, I definitely will do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X