Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

There is a dusting of snow on the ground with more expected throughout the morning. That will give way and we will have a partly sunny sky for the remainder of the day with the high of 39 and the low of 30.

A ham loaf, baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli will be dinner.

What will you be having tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Gloomy gray day.
    put a chuck roast in pressure cooker last night. Found it toward bottom of the freezer. It had to be used so ...
    don't know what I'll do with it. I don't feel like doing anything I think of. Will probably end up with hash scrambled eggs toast. That may change ????

Comment

I have a sirloin tip roast to use up. I tried cooking it on the grill last time and overcooked it. I am going to cook it like a prime rib and hopefully its not awful.

Comment

rosie --The first thing I thought of was BBQ beef sandwiches and either oven fries or oven sweet potato fries. Mainly because I have been thinking of that off and on lately.

muz-- I am sure that will work, and you will have some delicious meat. Enjoy.
        Last edited by livetobake; 03-08-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

No plan yet for dinner. I have a meeting in the late afternoon and there will be something served then.

Comment

I plan on doing a stuffed/bacon wrapped pork tenderloin in the AF...wish me luck, first time for me. Sides of rice and asparagus
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Good Luck!!

Comment

Bacon wrapped stuffed pork tenderloin sounds fantastic. Please tell us how it turns out.

Comment

I would be interested in what you stuff it with. There would be a lot of options. It really does sound good.

Comment

Well, I thought, the bacon was getting very well done and I didn't want it to burn too much so I took it out and put in reg oven, covered with a bit of water...will cook for about 15 mins or so. I just stuffed with some Stove Top.
                    Last edited by MudderBear; 03-08-2022, 04:02 PM.
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I be the bacon gave the pork and stuffing a wonderful flavor. Enjoy!!

Comment

Pretty day today, sprinkles this morning and bright sun this afternoon. We got Ken’s CT scan done today, I wish it showed good news but it doesn’t. The doctor hasn’t confirmed it for sure yet but the report from the scan shows suspected pancreatic adenocarcinoma. I’m shell shocked right now. We’ll find out more in the next several days.

We stopped and picked up dinner at Miyako’s Teriyaki on the way back from the scan.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                          Pretty day today, sprinkles this morning and bright sun this afternoon. We got Ken’s CT scan done today, I wish it showed good news but it doesn’t. The doctor hasn’t confirmed it for sure yet but the report from the scan shows suspected pancreatic adenocarcinoma. I’m shell shocked right now. We’ll find out more in the next several days.

We stopped and picked up dinner at Miyako’s Teriyaki on the way back from the scan.
                          Charlene, I am so very sorry to hear about the possible result of the scan. My heart goes out to you and your husband. I know shell shocked doesn't quite cover it. Hopefully it was caught in the early stages.

Comment

Prayers for you and Ken. I am sorry reading this.

Comment

Thank you Sabine, we sure hope so too. I’m so scared, he’s had such a quick decline in such a short period of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X