Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The high will be 42 and low of 27 with a chance of snow this morning.

I am morphing the broccoli into cream of broccoli soup and making a salad with the ham loaf. I am using the leftover sweet potatoes and making a sweet potato pie also.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Picked up lobster ravioli & mushroom ravioli. I'll serve those with a scampi sauce, garlic bread, salad. Think I'll throw in some shrimp too.

Comment

And dinner will be at?!!!

Comment

LOL ??? When I get my fanny moving. Come on over

Comment

How about some soup and pie along with?

Comment

Snow for us, up to 8 inches. It’s been flurring all morning, it’s coming they say. Definitely not March weather, normally in the 50’s. Feels like 3 now.

Kitchen day! I’m making soup, garlic bread and a tomato salad. A banana streusel cake is cooling in the counter.

Comment

Dang now you all have me wanting something good to fix but sadly I have little ambition to cook. If I ever get out of my appointment I may grill a steak and fix salad to go with it.

Comment

It’s beautiful today, the snow covered Cascades are sparkling gloriously. It’s been a busy phone and driving day. Early phone calls talking over Ken’s CT results and getting more referrals and appointments set up. We just got back from an appointment where we talked about what’s going on. On Friday he has to go to the gastroenterologist in Everett and on Wednesday of next week he has an appointment at the cancer care center with the oncologist in Everett. It’s a good thing I’ve got lots of Vons/Safeway gas points. This is just the sucker punch from Hell for sure.

I’m making a package of Beecher’s macaroni and cheese and some chicken drumstick meat with BBQ sauce for dinner. I need to get some high calorie food that tastes really good into Ken as much as I can.

Comment

Charlene , hopefully further testing will show that it is not advanced and treatments will give him a chance to have many more years.
                  My daughter was diagnosed with a terminal cancer when she was in college, age 19, and she had major surgery and one year of chemo, with just a slim survival chance.
                  My daughter is alive today, age 56, married and has two adult daughters, after being told she would never have natural children. She send pics of her babies to the oncologist who told her that.
                  And now she is the grandmother of a 4 month old adorable grandson, yes, my great- grandson.
                  I just wanted to post this, to show you that there is always hope . And I hope there will be a good outcome for your husband, don't ever give up.

Comment

I hope so too Sabine, we’ll find out more when we go to the oncologist on Wednesday. He’s going to Providence Cancer Care Center in Everett. The doctor explained today that he also has spots on his liver and a few other places too, that’s not good at all. He’s declined so quickly, extreme weight loss, weakness, fatigue, no appetite and unfortunately I’ve noticed some cognitive decline too. We’re both hoping this will be an easy treatment and complete recovery, but you just never know at the start.

Comment

Working...
                    X