Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

As it is 5 AM the sky is dark so I will take the forecast that it will be mostly sunny with a high of 42 and the low of 28.

I pulled some cooked beef from the freezer and will make BBQ sandwiches, baked beans, slaw and sweet potato pie for our dinner.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

So far I am still clueless about the dinner meal. I still need my morning coffee but haven’t felt like shedding the blankets yet. Time to at least start coffee.

I have been wanting to get out for a Gyro.

Comment

I think I am going to grill some steaks while its nice today.

Comment

Isn't it beautiful out? The sunshine and the air are just awesome. Enjoy your steaks muz.

Comment

It’s been a quiet day today, both of us are just taking it easy. I’m having a really hard time getting Ken to eat anything right now, he has no appetite and nothing sounds good to him at all. We were talking about the “what ifs” this afternoon and he really didn’t seem to have a grasp on what’s happening. We’ll know more next week when he goes to oncology. This just sucks.

No ideas here for dinner. I’m going to see if he’d like some French toast or something, I might heat up a couple Trader Joe’s tamales for myself.

Comment

A nice Spring like day today. I went for a walk , have not been on many of late.
            Dinner was a quiche with a hash brown crust, topped with bacon and cheddar cheese, garden salad on the side.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              It’s been a quiet day today, both of us are just taking it easy. I’m having a really hard time getting Ken to eat anything right now, he has no appetite and nothing sounds good to him at all. We were talking about the “what ifs” this afternoon and he really didn’t seem to have a grasp on what’s happening. We’ll know more next week when he goes to oncology. This just sucks.

No ideas here for dinner. I’m going to see if he’d like some French toast or something, I might heat up a couple Trader Joe’s tamales for myself.
              Charlene, you may want to ask his doctor if it is ok for him to have protein shakes, since he doesn't have much appetite, that could be a solution . Just wondering. Just a thought.

Comment

I did ask about that and it’s fine for him to have them but he just doesn’t seem to want anything. I bought some Ensure(doctor said it was fine) but he doesn’t want it either.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  I did ask about that and it’s fine for him to have them but he just doesn’t seem to want anything. I bought some Ensure(doctor said it was fine) but he doesn’t want it either.
                  You probably already k ow this ...
                  I use to blend ice cream with an ensure for Joe's dad. A milk shake !!!

Comment

Yes rosie, it is called a power shake. It will be high in protein and calories. Just serve a small portion in a small glass so it does not seem like a huge amount. Refill as asked for.

Also, Italian lemon ice is good for a small spoonful served before food as it will stimulate the appetite. A couple bites while eating will help also.

The biggest thing is not a lot of food on a plate as it is overwhelming. Use a small plate with small amounts as seconds can always be served.

Carnation instant breakfast drink can also make a milkshake, just make sure the doctor approves it first. Some people like the taste and texture of that better.

Good input rosie.

Comment

This was way back in the 80s didn't know it had a name now lol. That was only thing we could get him to ingest

Comment

Working...
                      X