Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Winter will be back before the day ends. Joy is not in my attitude but it is what it is. The high will start at 40 and end at 18. Rain moving in during the day with heavy wet snow with 5 inches by the time it ends tomorrow. Heavy winds overnight into tomorrow and slick roads.

Dinner will be an easy meal of eggs, bacon, home fries and toast.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Yea LTB it's starting here now. Flurries, only expecting 1 to 2 in inches. It's the wind and temps that I'm dreading. Wind chills 5 to 10 below. Ugh.
    when I found the chuck roast I was actually going for a pork butt. So this eve will be pork roast, potatos, carrots gravy.

Comment

We are eating out until we get the kitchen usable and I can do some grocery shopping. We had decided to have our dinner at a different hotel/pub each night until we found our favourite. The very first one, Southern Hotel, swept us off our feet. I don't think we'll bother with any other.

My dinner was BBQ King prawns on a bed of jasmine rice, mango salsa and salad. John had a chicken schnitzel with vegetables. We also ordered chips and onion rings to bring home.

https://i.imgur.com/THoxlUZ.jpg
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Well, dang - that looks good, and I won't even touch shrimp/prawns. Presentation is nice - that is half the appetite anyway.

Comment

The Corvette finally came in today. Not sure if we are picking it up today because of the snow or not.

In other exciting news my dog has a bad habit of humping the sofa, like I turn around and he is making sofa babies. I cant seem to break this habit even with a shock collar. I went to Goodwill and got the biggest stuffed animals I could find and he has been at it all morning. I hope he outgrows this phase soon.

Fried cabbage and kielbasa for dinner tonight. Fast and easy, just like my dog lol.

Comment

Unless you are planning on breeding your dog, just have him fixed , that will take care of that problem.

Comment

'sofa babies' cracked me right up!!!!!!

We are going to DS house for the wknd...think tonite we are ordering in pizza
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Muzette - Glad your Corvette made it in with the chip shortage I wasn't sure how long you would have to wait. What color did you get? Since I am always partial to red, that is the color of ours. We hardly ever drive it though - we ordered ours as well and it is a 2017 Grand Sport L2 with red calipers, but it only has 5200 miles on it. It sits and gets dusty. There is really nowhere to drive it around here now as the only road out of here always floods now to over building about 4 miles from us. There is always one lane under water and the county has it on their 'fix' schedule for 2024!!

Comment

I am clueless about what to prepare for dinner but at least I know I have fresh asparagus and can prep that. Possibly a bit of pasta to go with the veggie. I am tempted to cook chili but seriously doubt I would eat it.

Right now I am waiting for a return call from the mobile groomer.

Comment

Sabine the dog is going to be a breeder, he is pretty high quality hes just a stupid puppy right now.

Vera we were on the waitlist for 2 years for the car. We went with the stingray model which is the base because honestly he is not going to be racing it around or putting tons of miles on it so he couldn't justify the extra eleven thousand. We got yellow with red calipers. Its the only color that no one around has.

Comment

Very strange…I really thought I’d posted this afternoon. Oh well, here it is.

It’s a cool and partly cloudy day today. We went down to the gastroenterologist in Everett today and she explained in detail what we’re looking at and sent a priority referral for Ken to get an endoscopic biopsy. We should know in a few days when that will be done. It’s shocking how weak he’s gotten in such a short time, he could barely walk and his confusion has gotten so bad. I’m not going to lie, I’m terrified.

Dinner? Good question. I’m going to make Ken some chicken noodle soup and I’m going to finish up the spaghetti carbonara and meatballs.

Comment

Anyone would be terrified. I am so sorry and wish I could say or doing something that would help. Please take care of yourself along with Ken.
                        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                        He drew a circle that shut me out.
                        But love and I had the wit to win,
                        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
                        X