CharleneG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharleneG

Since you are relatively new to Washington State, do you have a close friend to lean on during these trying times that Ken has to undergo tests? I believe you have a sister in California, but I don't know where your children live. I sure wish more CopyKat members lived close to you. These are the times when support is greatly needed. I'm sure I speak for all of us - that the tests come back with better results and that everything is treatable. Please take care of yourself too.

Thank you Vera. Unfortunately with all the lockdowns since we moved we really don’t have a circle of friends here yet. My sister is in Southern CA, one son is in that area as well and 2 kids are in Oregon. I have a few cousins in our local area too. I haven’t let the family know yet, I’m waiting until after the oncology visit next week to get more information. What we do know is that it’s a large mass, about 3” x 2-1/2” and it’s location makes it inoperable and it has to be treated by chemo. We’re just taking it one day at a time right now.

Comment

Here is some encouragement - A very good friend of ours had a doctor's visit in January, and it was discovered that there was a tumor on one of his kidneys. In doing research, he decided to go to the Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX from the Washington, DC area. He had an appointment on March 8th for a biopsy. Doctor called yesterday and it was benign!! OMG, everyone was so happy. He goes back in 6 months to see if the tumor has grown any larger. I hope for the same outcome for Ken. There is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        Thank you Vera. Unfortunately with all the lockdowns since we moved we really don’t have a circle of friends here yet. My sister is in Southern CA, one son is in that area as well and 2 kids are in Oregon. I have a few cousins in our local area too. I haven’t let the family know yet, I’m waiting until after the oncology visit next week to get more information. What we do know is that it’s a large mass, about 3” x 2-1/2” and it’s location makes it inoperable and it has to be treated by chemo. We’re just taking it one day at a time right now.
        I am sure there are groups , support groups , for families who have a family member with cancer . I don't know how large Everett is , but hopefully the oncologist that you are seeing will have information about support groups that could be helpful to you.
        My thoughts are with you. I wish there was something more useful that I could say to you or be more helpful.
        I just wanted to add, that chemo has come a long way since my daughter had her cancer. Modern medicine has come a long way.

Comment

I just now read about Ken... (((((((HUGS)))))))) Charlene! I'm so sorry you are going through this and my best thoughts and prayers are with you both. Sabine is absolutely correct... research is consistently improving the treatment in oncology, thank God.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Thank you Chayote We are hoping for the best for sure. He’s survived two serious cancers and treatments since we’ve been together, hoping he can do it a 3rd time. He has certainly had more than his share of cancer problems.

Comment

At times like this I wish I had the *right* thing to say, but I'm not sure there is a *right* thing. Just know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the very best outcome...

https://i.imgur.com/TqpU3EM.jpg
              Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Thank you, that does help more than you know.

Comment

Working...
                X