Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A better day weather wise with the high of 54 and the low of 39. The snow will melt once more and we will be avoiding mud and soggy ground. It will be mostly sunny and that is always a welcome sight.

I am roasting a chicken along with potatoes and carrots. Waldorf salad will accompany the meal.

What yummy dinner will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Roasted chicken sounds wonderful. I don’t have a clue about dinner yet. This morning I will meet my Bunco group at a tearoom so as the day progresses I will come up with something I am sure.

Comment

I really enjoyed eating out at the pub in Gawler but all good things come to an end. Tonight I cooked chicken schnitzel, mashed potato and peas. I added leftover coleslaw with mine. It feels odd cooking... like I'm in someone else's kitchen. I had an issue with the dishwasher until my amazing son-in-law came over and turned on the water tap that I couldn't see or reach. The kitchen is designed for someone very tall with long arms and that's not me.

When we left Melbourne, the decision was made to leave behind my old TV. It had a sound problem... it took about 20 minutes to 'warm up', initially only getting crackles. Once the 20 minutes was up, the sound was crystal clear. Anyway, we decided that I needed a new one and that happened today. I bought a Sony 55" smart TV and now I just need to learn how to use it. We are getting foxtel subscription TV installed tomorrow morning on both TVs and that will also give us Netflix which we've never had before. I'll need to go shopping at Bunnings in the afternoon to buy some power boards because there are not enough power points/outlets in this house. I'm told that this is a common problem in rental homes.

Still unpacking boxes but haven't yet found my sewing machines or the glass shelves from my crystal cabinets. Hopefully I will find them eventually.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I made kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crockpot. Added some chicken stock and a can of rotel. It was pretty tasty.

Comment

Chayote, I know what you’re going through! Would you believe it took almost 18 months to find my favorite can opener? I’d put it in the proverbial “good safe place” right before we left and promptly forgot where I put it until we were getting rid of a bunch of Ken’s fishing gear at the neighborhood garage sale last summer. As soon as I saw the bag I’d put it in I remembered doing it.

It’s been cool and wet today. Ken had a rough night last night so I’m kind of tired. I posted a request on our neighborhood Facebook page a couple of days ago about needing someone to come cut my grass because Ken’s in no shape to do it and my lovely next door neighbors responded that they will take care of it for us. Yesterday afternoon the whole crew was out there, kids and all, getting it done and they wouldn’t take a dime for it. Laura and I talked for quite awhile and I told her about what was going on. She said the next dry day they’ll take care of the backyard too. I’m simply in awe.

I think I’ll heat up the rest of the shrimp and pasta tonight. I’m too tired and my brain is too fried to do much else. I will say Ken did somewhat better on food today, an Eggo, a half a Turkey and cheese sandwich and some Ensure and he’ll probably eat some of tonight’s dinner.

Comment

Charlene, that is awesome it's an amazing thing to have good neighbors. We have one wonderful neighbor but like us they are older. We give them eggs & they give us beef. They get a whole beef every year. Told them I think they're getting the short end of the stick lol. I also share garden produce all summer & a meal now and then.

Made bbq pork sandwiches with the last of the butt. Fried mashed potato patties. Green beans I canned last summer

Comment

These are the same neighbors that organized and do the US flags all around the neighborhood on all flag holidays. They are the nicest people and their kids are a delight. We sure lucked out for neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                Chayote, I know what you’re going through! Would you believe it took almost 18 months to find my favorite can opener?
                I haven't yet found our cutlery. We have one set each that belong to our daughter and I wash them by hand. I am desperate to find the glass shelves from my crystal cabinets. I don't believe they are here. I also haven't seen my three sewing machines. I wouldn't be without them... I have each machine set up for different tasks and it saves so much time. Hannah needs new bibs and I have the toweling and ribbing to make them.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Did you pack the cutlery and glass shelves yourselves or did the moving company pack it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Did you pack the cutlery and glass shelves yourselves or did the moving company pack it ?
                    hi, Sabine... I packed the cutlery and it's in a box somewhere. The removalists packed the glass shelves into two of their blankets. I can't see any of their blankets in the garage but they might have taken the shelves out and leaned them up against a wall or between boxes. The only way we can find out is to move all of the boxes which we are trying to do. The shelves are large... 3' long x 2'6" deep and there are three of them. The other cabinet shelves are 3' long and 2' deep and there are five of those ones. Maybe we'll find them tomorrow. I'm hopeful every day.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X