Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is the price of car fuel going in your area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is the price of car fuel going in your area?

We are paying $2.22 per litre. It cost us $160 to fill the Caddy today and it wasn't totally empty!

I purchased 72 litres which is a tad over 19 gallons which means I paid about $8.42 per gallon. How does that compare to your prices?
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Last week I paid $ 3.95 per gallon. I bet this week it will be more. Since we are retired it doesn't really effect us much, we are not working and not doing any travelling. But I feel sorry for people like my son , who drives 60 mile alone , travelling to and from work every day. I feel sorry for the truck drivers who must be paying a fortune to keep their trucks rolling.

Comment

I was out this morning but didn't need gas yet but noticed that Wawa (chain gas/convenience stores) was $4.15. I expected more as I kept traveling into the nearest town where it was about 20 cents more. Oh well.....

Comment

It is $4.09 in our town. Went to Muncie (a larger town) thought it would be cheaper there but it was 4.22 everywhere.

Comment

We’ve been seeing it between $4.50 to $5 per gallon here in WA. I’m very thankful I can use Vons/Safeway rewards points and we get $1 off per gallon. We normally only drive about 300-400 miles a month, but this month will be a lot more with doctor’s visits. My 2015 Subaru just turned 30,000 miles last week.

Comment

Went to the store this morning and I noticed price was down from $ 3.95 to $ 3.92 / $ 3.94 . Haven't checked Costco yet, they are usually the cheapest.

Comment

I will gas up later today or tomorrow, my car is a small suv Infiniti and it seems to get pretty good gas mileage but it takes high test gas. I cringe when I fill up. Today I have run around quite a bit and will need to make another trip to the gas station before the week ends as I have several events going on this week. Love my car but hate that gas just seems to get higher.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                l I can use Vons/Safeway rewards points and we get $1 off per gallon.
                My jaw dropped when I read what you get off with Safeway reward points... we get a 'massive' 4 cents per litre with points...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

My jaw dropped when I read what you get off with Safeway reward points... we get a 'massive' 4 cents per litre with points...
                  That Safeway rewards program is really good. You get one full reward for every $100 you spend and each reward is worth 10 a gallon off. My two sons both do their shopping using my phone number and they don’t use the gas points, so it adds up. Some items you buy get 3X to 4x points too. They get all my sale prices, I get the points. The only stations you can get the full $1 off per gallon (10 Rewards needed) are the Vons and Safeway stations. You can get a maximum of 20 off at Chevron and Texaco stations.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    That Safeway rewards program is really good. You get one full reward for every $100 you spend and each reward is worth 10 a gallon off. My two sons both do their shopping using my phone number and they don’t use the gas points, so it adds up. Some items you buy get 3X to 4x points too. They get all my sale prices, I get the points. The only stations you can get the full $1 off per gallon (10 Rewards needed) are the Vons and Safeway stations. You can get a maximum of 20 off at Chevron and Texaco stations.
                    That's a really good rewards program. I use the Woolworths (used to be called Safeway) mostly. I have a lot of petrol vouchers for 4c off per litre but we can only use one voucher, i.e. they don't add up. Occasionally we can get an extra 4c off if we buy a bottle of Coke and a chocolate bar but I don't normally take that up. I'm not a Coke fan and the chocolate bars they have aren't what I like. 4c off is just not worth going out of our way to get.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Gas at our nearest station is $177/litre. Hubby had 1/4 tank the other day and put in $190 gas and it wasn't even filled.
                      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

How many litre are in a gallon ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                          How many litre are in a gallon ?
                          3.785 litres in one gallon...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

anywhere from $3.99 to $4.15 for the lowest grade. I will only use premium and it was around $4.30 the last time we filled up. I also saw Diesel was $4.99. I'm not panicking. We're retired and don't have to go places much, so staying home one extra time, pays for the rise in prices. I do know the higher prices mean higher everything else, but I'll deal with it. We've seen it befrore and we'll see it again. What we really need to do is break our dependence on foreign oil.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                              anywhere from $3.99 to $4.15 for the lowest grade. I will only use premium and it was around $4.30 the last time we filled up. I also saw Diesel was $4.99. I'm not panicking. We're retired and don't have to go places much, so staying home one extra time, pays for the rise in prices. I do know the higher prices mean higher everything else, but I'll deal with it. We've seen it befrore and we'll see it again. What we really need to do is break our dependence on foreign oil.
                              Yes, that is why we should drill here at home and not shut pipelines down. And for sure don't beg countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela for oil.
                              These high gasoline prices hit people who have to drive every day to make a living, truck drivers who may not have the money to keep their trucks rolling. Inflations is bad enough, we don't need high gasoline prices on top of it.
                              Last edited by Sabine; 03-15-2022, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X