Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a cold crisp morning with a mostly sunny sky and the high of 65 and the low of 46.

I am solo tonight so again will have toast with peanut butter and a apple.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another hot and soggy day followed by a good dumping of rain in the late afternoon. I went out into the rain and it was warm enough that I could have stripped off and had a free shower. Fortunately for our new neighbours, I resisted the temptation.

Dinner tonight: John had a pork steak, mashed potato, peas, carrots and onions; I had chicken and corn soup.
    We had a EUREKA moment today!! We were reunited with our precious glass shelves... I've not been quite this happy for a long time. They arrived still wrapped in the removalists blankets and are now in the garage until I can unpack them and carry them individually into the cabinets. They are all tempered glass so very heavy.

Still MIA: our cutlery that is possibly in a box marked "Stuff" that hasn't been opened yet. When I find the cutlery, I might even find the toaster!

https://i.imgur.com/iRW9V3S.png?1
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
      Another hot and soggy day followed by a good dumping of rain in the late afternoon. I went out into the rain and it was warm enough that I could have stripped off and had a free shower. Fortunately for our new neighbours, I resisted the temptation.

Dinner tonight: John had a pork steak, mashed potato, peas, carrots and onions; I had chicken and corn soup.
      We had a EUREKA moment today!! We were reunited with our precious glass shelves... I've not been quite this happy for a long time. They arrived still wrapped in the removalists blankets and are now in the garage until I can unpack them and carry them individually into the cabinets. They are all tempered glass so very heavy.

Still MIA: our cutlery that is possibly in a box marked "Stuff" that hasn't been opened yet. When I find the cutlery, I might even find the toaster!

https://i.imgur.com/iRW9V3S.png?1
      ROFLOL maybe you should let your new neighbors see a new side of you the free spirit! Glad you found your shelves. I'm sure that is a huge relief.

Warmish, sunny high 70 WOOHOO
      I've had such an urge for tacos with Indian fry bread. Joe may have a bit of a struggle with them but hopefully he'll figure it out. Can chew fine just still a bit touchy on biting

Comment

It is so nice and spring like outside. I have the dog outside to amuse himself for a while. We are going to look at houses this afternoon and I havent decided if he is going with us yet or not. He woke up being a jerk so we will see.

I have corned beef in the crockpot. No way I am braving the crowds to get a sandwich tomorrow and today seemed close enough. Fried cabbage to go with.

Comment

Such a pretty Spring like day today! I have windows open and actually did some Spring cleaning. Just finished making dinner...pork chops with maple syrup/cider vinegar/dijon/thyme glaze, mashed potatoes and cauliflower. 'Hoping' to go to DD house where they are house sitting and have a visit with DS and Kian for a hour or so.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I am being lazy today. I desperately need to shop for clothes but plan to stay home and veg with the dog.

enjoy your day

Comment

Crazy busy day, oncology appointment in Everett, discussing options depending on CT scans tomorrow and an endoscopic biopsy on the 23rd. I had a hard time getting Ken into the car this afternoon, had to have my neighbor help me. I had called our great Thrift Shop in town and had them hold a walker for me, picked it up on the way to Everett, paid a whole 3 bucks for it. It made a huge difference!

I did a drive thru at McDonald’s when we got close to home…not particularly good but it filled the void and Abby got most of the meat off Ken’s burger. I do NOT recommend McD’s except for breakfast sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                Crazy busy day
                Sounds like you've had a very full day, Charlene. Good work finding the walker for Ken. John and I both have walkers and they do make life easier. We took the backrests off ours so we could use them to carry heavy boxes around the house. So many different uses for them. Sounds like you're finding ways to make the situation manageable. You should give yourself a pat on the back...
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                X