Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The lovely mild weather is now a memory with it raining, the high of 55 and the low of 38 with snow showers tonight and into tomorrow. Ick and double ick.

I have every thing in the crockpot for chili, will make cornbread waffles and DGS said he will make a peanut butter pie.

What will be your dinner for tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I don’t have a clue yet for dinner but might make beef stew if I don’t have to go to the store for anything.

Comment

Well, it is a dark, dreary, rainy day! We had a meeting with our nephew - who is a cabinet maker and is going to be constructing our kitchen cabinets. I've waited sooooo long for a new kitchen and I'm so excited but also nervous at the same time. We have a lot to do prior to install and need to make some new purchases windows/sink/lighting/wall coverings etc. I have mega sh*t to clean out of cupboards and it ain't gonna be fun!!! So, I have oodles of cook books...what to do with them all? Haven't opened one up in I can't remember how long, to toss??? hmmmm.
      We are on day 3 for our beef stew! I made a dbl batch the other day when I thought we may have company, but that fell thru so, stew again it is!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

I bet the stew is aging like a fine wine! No cooking always works for me. That is why I have a large crockpot full of chili for now and freezing for later.

Comment

It's a cold gray drizzly day. I planned on vegging all day but... A gal from knit group had surgery so decided to take them a meal. Cheesy potato soup & ham and cheese sliders choc chip cookies.
          I had the remainder of taco meat in a salad Joe had chicken/gravy mashed potatoes peas.
          I'm out of leftovers so gotta cook again

Comment

Thoughtful kindness rosie.

Comment

Cloudy day today. I’ve been pretty busy tidying up the house a bit. Ken kept waking me up during the night to tell me it was time to get up, Um, no, 3:30 am is not time to get up. Poor guy is so completely confused about where he is right now, and his bad hearing doesn’t help. I just try to keep him comfortable and fed, we’ll know more next week I guess. His sister will be here tomorrow. She’s going to be shocked when she sees him.

We’re going to finish the Angel Chicken and pasta tonight. That’s nice comfort food.

Comment

On the way home yesterday I called into the local bakery and bought half a dozen bread rolls. For dinner I cooked some crumbed chicken and we had the hot chicken on the roll with lettuce, tomato and onion. I added some avocado.
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Well, today was a kooky kinda day....seems hubs and I could not get in sync. Our usual Sunday morn breakfast of bacon and eggs, DS was away on a fishing wknd...I tried to do my usual Sunday thing as per laundry, baking, soup making etc and planning a nice Sunday dinner. Nope. Hubs wants to go to town and buy fishing lures, visit our GS, and take me to all the stores I want to go to??? what? Then we visited our other son and his wife, stayed for caesars in in the yard - a nice Spring like day - and got home just now. Well, seems that an old friend of hubby's is in town and said he wanted to stop by and 'have a bunch of beers'...so we have been taking our time getting back home lol!!!! The plan worked on hubs part but not mine...half finished soup, no laundry done, and now he wants wings for dinner!
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Don't you just love days like that? Just think, you spent the day with hubs, saw your GS, saw your other son and had a nice meal outdoors. The heck with the household issues. I bet they are all still there and you can do them while remembering the day full of wonderful memories you made today. Lucky you!!!!

Comment

Hope you were stocked up on beer.

Comment

Working...
                      X