Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with the high of 58 and the low of 47 with a chance of rain with that chance increasing as the day progresses and into the night.

When all else fails and I just want an easy meal, grilled cheese it is along with tomato soup and a banana, blueberry and strawberry fruit salad will be dinner.

What food is the dinner bell ringing for your meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I got one of those Blackstone grills, well the Sams club brand one anyways. The boys are putting it together now so I am thinking bacon cheeseburgers to break it in tonight. Of course it depends on if I can get it seasoned before the rain comes.

Comment

John wanted to play poker tonight so we headed off to the suburb of Salisbury North. It's roughly 18km each way... less than 20 minutes depending on the number of red lights. Coming home was interesting. We tend to get lost at night but I insisted that we use our friend, Ashleigh... aka our GPS. We decided to give her a name. I wish I could change the voice because I'm sure that many people, mostly males, don't like being told where to go by a woman. John often argues with her, telling her she's wrong...

We had a meal before the game started. On Tuesday nights the venue has a special deal on steak dinners. I don't particularly like steak but what I *do* like is a meal for $11, so we both had steak. The other poker players were not very welcoming to a new member, however the bartending girls and waitresses were the friendliest people we've met this side of the border. John's not sure yet if he wants to go back there. We'll see what happens.

I spent the day unpacking about half of our Lego collection. Most are new, still in the box and others have been pulled apart and packed in ziploc bags... (as usual, thanks Vera).

We are trying to reach a target of opening a minimum of ten boxes each day until we find the @#$%&! toaster and cutlery!!
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Rain rain rain. I just want to snooze on days like this. Says it's in 50s sure doesn't feel like it.
        Joe has requested cube steak floured & fried. Fried potatos cream corn. Easy enough.

Comment

Chayote - Maybe if John would lose a few hands of poker, the other members would be more welcoming - lol!! I know it would give John an uneasy feeling if he felt the other members don't want him there. I hope John gives it one more try but if the same feeling persists, perhaps he can find another group. Sometimes when men already have their group established, they don't want any outside interference like a girls' clique.

Comment

I think it is hard to be a newcomer in an established group , male or female. I remember when I joined the rug hooking group , it was not easy. It took several meetings before I felt comfortable. That is now almost 15 years ago , and some of the ladies have become my best friends, it takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Sometimes when men already have their group established, they don't want any outside interference like a girls' clique.
              I had that feeling about the other players tonight. John didn't notice but they just pretended he wasn't there. No-one even asked him his name and he's not forward enough to take charge. There are other venues but that was the closest to where we now live. The best one is very close to where the new house is located. By then we will have our support team together and I won't need to go with him.

Not sure how long my computer is going to last. It's on its last legs and if I turn it off, I don't think I can turn it back on. I intend buying a new one anyway but was hoping to hold out until Aldi had their annual computer sale in October. I really like their Medion range. I've just been turn the monitor off overnight. My son-in-law said he would look at it after they return from a conference in Queensland. Fingers crossed it keeps going...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I think it is hard to be a newcomer in an established group , male or female. I remember when I joined the rug hooking group , it was not easy. It took several meetings before I felt comfortable. That is now almost 15 years ago , and some of the ladies have become my best friends, it takes time.
                That's very true, Sabine. I suspect there was a cultural reason for him not being made to feel welcome. There are four that he can try. I was just hoping that the closest one would work out, only because neither of us like driving at night.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s been kind of chilly all day. I got up earlier than usual this morning and managed to get Ken to eat a scrambled egg, but he hasn’t wanted anything else. I’ve been super sleepy and we’ve both been napping on and off. Tomorrow is going to be another early one and a long day at that as we have to go to Everett in the morning.

I’m going to heat up some of the Green Bean Okazu and brown rice for my dinner and see if I can get Ken to eat some too.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    It’s been kind of chilly all day. I got up earlier than usual this morning and managed to get Ken to eat a scrambled egg, but he hasn’t wanted anything else. I’ve been super sleepy and we’ve both been napping on and off. Tomorrow is going to be another early one and a long day at that as we have to go to Everett in the morning.
                    Enjoy your naps when you can get them, Charlene... They are the best therapy in the world.

Good that Ken is willing to eat, even though I'm guessing that food isn't on his list of priorities.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X