Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining and the wind is howling and has been all night. The high of 62 and the low of 48.

I am making a big pot of split pea soup with ham in it along with garlic bread and baked custard.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had such a productive day... we found the toaster, kettle, cutlery and new bed linen that I bought before moving. We have the mess confined to one bedroom now. With cooler weather, we are getting more things done. So nice to be using our old familiar cutlery!

Our Melbourne house goes on the market tomorrow! We have decided to sell by private treaty instead of auction. Things are finally starting to go our way for a change. I didn't like the way our agent did the description of the house so I rewrote it for him. He didn't care one way or the other and I was happier with what I wrote... win/win.

We are going out again tomorrow but only locally. We have podiatry appointments and then heading to the Bunnings hardware store for a few things we need and a spider plant for the bathroom. After that I need to take all the washed new linen to the laundromat and put it all through the dryer.

Dinner tonight: John had pork steak, mashed sweet potato, peas, onion and an egg. I had chicken and corn soup and some grapes.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

You dont have your dryer?

Comment

so glad you found your stuff. YAY
        Feels like a spring day right now butttt rain and falling temps this afternoon. Possible snow showers Saturday.
        It's clean out the fridge day. Little bits of this and that. Makes for some strange combos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          You dont have your dryer?
          no... I gave it to Tiff. She often struggles to get Immy's school uniforms dry. I plan on buying a new matching washing machine and dryer when we move to the new house.

The laundromat is spotlessly clean and very cheap. $2 is enough to dry a full load of bed linen. They have Speed Queen equipment.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            It's clean out the fridge day. Little bits of this and that. Makes for some strange combos.
            Yes, it was a Eureka moment when John opened the box where they had been hiding...

John and I used to have fridge cleanout for dinner every Thursday night. It was just a case of claiming whatever we each found in the fridge or pantry before the other saw it. As you said, makes for some interesting meals. Friday was grocery day.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote I bet you wanted to do a happy dance when you found all those items! I went through the same thing when we moved.

It’s been a busy day, left for Everett at 7:30 am, got Ken in for the endescopic biopsy and we were back home about 1 pm. Ken’s not having a good day, he’s not making sense when he talks at all and he doesn’t want to eat anything. I’m normally a very optimistic person but I’m really not right now.

I’m going to make a couple hot dogs on bread and have some baked beans with them. I’m just too tired to be more creative than that right now.

Comment

(((Charlene))) (((Ken))) just can't imagine how hard this is for you. I think of you so often & send love your way. <3

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                  (((Charlene))) (((Ken))) just can't imagine how hard this is for you. I think of you so often & send love your way. <3
                  Thank you rosie, it’s much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    Chayote I bet you wanted to do a happy dance when you found all those items! I went through the same thing when we moved.
                    Good to know that we are not the only people who can take almost two weeks to find a toaster, but here we are... We did welcome it like the dear friend that it is.

Speaking of dear friends, along with rosie you are both constantly in my thoughts, too. I know you're not feeling optimistic but miracles are real and they do happen. ((((((HUG)))))))

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Good to know that we are not the only people who can take almost two weeks to find a toaster, but here we are... We did welcome it like the dear friend that it is.
                      I did a happy dance when I finally found my favorite can opener after almost 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Speaking of dear friends, along with rosie you are both constantly in my thoughts, too. I know you're not feeling optimistic but miracles are real and they do happen. ((((((HUG)))))))
                        I can’t even begin to express how much this is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

I did a happy dance when I finally found my favorite can opener after almost 2 years!
                          We've been pushing ourselves to get unpacked as much as possible. We've only lived here for 13 days and for one of those days, John was in hospital. A lot of unpacking has happened during that time. The kitchen is now done, as is the laundry and my bedroom. Still a work in progress in John's room, the 3rd bedroom and the lounge room. We are driving back to Melbourne in the week before Easter and my aim is to have everything put away by the time we are leaving.

We would have more storage space in this house if we could just grow taller by about 18 inches ...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                          X