Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our old home is now officially on the market... (link to listing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our old home is now officially on the market... (link to listing)

We pushed the agent to get it listed and open for inspection on Saturday. I've asked to see a list of the names of people coming for the inspection so I can exclude the nosy neighbours. Everyone has to show photo ID before they can go in and their names, addresses and phone numbers are written on a list.

I wrote the description of the house. Originally the agent talked about it being a "luxurious house with a large entertainment room" (the family room) but I insisted that it be marketed as a family residence.

The link to our house is: https://www.realestate.com.au/proper...west-138901423

Let me know if it doesn't work from another country...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Lovely home!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
      Lovely home!
      Thanks, Charlene. A bit empty-looking but we chose not to stage it for the sale. Every time we bought a house, it aggravated me having to look past other people's belongings

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Your home should be a quick sale. Everything is sparkling and spacious. There is someone out there that would be very lucky to buy your former home. Good luck and keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          Your home should be a quick sale. Everything is sparkling and spacious. There is someone out there that would be very lucky to buy your former home. Good luck and keep us informed.
          Thanks, Vera... whoever buys it can just move in and start living. There's nothing to be done. The team did great job of getting it ready for sale.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

What a beautiful house! Love the inside and the outside. I’m sure it will go fast. Good Luck.

Comment

Wow !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                Wow !!!!!!
                is that a good "wow" or a not so good "wow" ?

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  What a beautiful house! Love the inside and the outside. I’m sure it will go fast. Good Luck.
                  Thanks, Bean... I miss my kitchen already but most of all I miss the gardens.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

LOL Chayote so gorgeous WOW was all I could say. SO amazingly beautiful.
                    What kind of flooring is that? I love it. So spacious and light. Just beautiful. I would have a hard time leaving.
                    Last edited by rosie; 03-24-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                      LOL Chayote so gorgeous WOW was all I could say. SO amazingly beautiful.
                      What kind of flooring is that? I love it. So spacious and light. Just beautiful. I would have a hard time leaving.
                      If you'd had neighbours like we had, you would leave in a flash. I have no regrets about moving because the South Australian climate is much better for our health. It was our happy home for 36 out of the last 38 years but I just couldn't stay there and feel safe. The neighbour had burst into our house once and threatened both of us so I became paranoid that he would do it again. I obsessed on making sure the doors were locked. The decision to leave was an easy one to make.

The floor is tiled in three quarter inch solid granite. Even when the house falls down of old age, that floor will continue to shine. John bought the tiles at auction thinking he was bidding on enough to do the kitchen, bathroom and laundry but when he went to pay for them ($300), he found out that the lot was almost four times what he thought. We used them for the entry, dining room and hallway and just before we finished packing, he advertised the remainder for sale and was offered $400 for rest. He's still laughing about his little profit... Those tiles are almost 21 years old now and yet there's not a mark on them.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I would never leave the patio or backyard!!! My hubs always nit picks the realtor descriptions, from my experience no one cares about the description. Its the photos that sell the home.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Thanks, Bean... I miss my kitchen already but most of all I miss the gardens.
                          YW. I can see why. I love the size of it all. Just the right size. I would spend a ton of time outside for sure.

Comment

I'm in awe. That is a beautiful house. it should sell quickly

Comment

Nice home!!!! Should be no troubles selling that!
                              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                              X