Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and gloomy with the high of 43 and the low of 34 with more rain expected.

Leftover split pea soup, grilled cheese sandwiches and tapioca pudding will be dinner.

What are you having this Friday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It is chilly and gray with light sprinkles. High 43 low 30.
    I'm heading to Greenville Kroger. They have top round buy one get one free. So I'm gonna get a lot. Joe will make cube steak and stew meat. I can not bear any fat or grissle in or on my meat. My sweet hubby trims ALL that away.
    Kroger has catfish chunks in the fish dept. so think I'll pick up some for him and I'll just have leftover this & that

Comment

rosie... I hate fat in meat as well. John loves it. He calls me Jack Spratt from the nursery rhyme...

We had a slightly lazy day today. I did pack away some more Lego. Now that I live in South Australia, I've learned that the locals call it "Lay-goh" whereas we've always called it "Leg-oh".

We are getting desperate to remove the cardboard boxes out of the way. If we rely on the recycling bin once a fortnight, it will take years to get rid of it all. I'll read the Council's website tomorrow and find out where we can take it all.

Dinner tonight: battered flathead... John had sweet potato and peas with his; I had cucumber, pea shoots, avocado and snow peas with mine
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I am headed for a medical appointment momentarily and on the way home I will try to pick something up for dinner.

this has been a stressful day today. My dang dog escaped the newly replaced fence arround my back yard. I went arround the front of my house, shook the treats and he came running up.

I am totally clueless regarding dinner but I have leftover stew and can throw together a loaf of beer bread.

I looked down at my red top and my chest is the same color. I hope the know what is going on with me because I am extremely uncomfortable.

enjoy your evening

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today, I spent the morning making some phone calls and letting family know what’s going on. Those are hard calls to make. I’ve been trying to get Ken to eat something but he’ll take 2 bites and won’t take anymore. I’ve tried Ensure, he won’t take that either. It’s all very frustrating because I know he’s not getting enough nutrition.

I’m not sure what I’ll have for dinner tonight, I’m thinking my comfort meal of brown rice, cotija cheese, salsa and fried eggs. I love that combo, it’s filling, healthy and tastes really good.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            he’ll take 2 bites and won’t take anymore. I’ve tried Ensure, he won’t take that either. It’s all very frustrating because I know he’s not getting enough nutrition.
            Charlene, does he like Greek yoghurt? My mother only had Greek yoghurt loaded with fruit sauces, what we call 'topping' on icecream. She lived for six months after she stopped eating regular food. We called it icecream because she didn't like yoghurt, but she was happy to eat it.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Yes, he does like Greek yogurt, I actually got him to eat some tonight. He said it made it easier for him to swallow his other food, so that’s a win for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                Yes, he does like Greek yogurt, I actually got him to eat some tonight. He said it made it easier for him to swallow his other food, so that’s a win for me.
                excellent, Charlene. Try to make sure it's proper Greek yoghurt and not just Greek "style" yoghurt. There is a difference. It's a superfood loaded with protein. Being unwell, he may have oral thrush which occurs with certain medications. If you can, give it to him two or three times a day. I know I'm sounding like Dr. Google but, as you know, I've been through this with my Mum. Giving her sugar also helped her confusion as well.

(((((HUG)))))

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Thank you Chayote, I really appreciate any information I can get.

Comment

Working...
                  X