Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Here we go again with the high of 37 and the low of 24 along with a winter advisory until 2 P.M. Sunday. We are predicted for 4 inches of snow by then with windy conditions also. We are getting about 3 inches today. What a lovely weekend!!

I have a pork roast whose destiny will be the roaster oven shortly along with onions, potatoes, carrots and some apples that I will quarter and add in near the end of the cooking time. The aroma will be extra welcome with snow whirling around outside.

What will be your weekend meal for tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We did a lot of reorganising the garage today. It was becoming overwhelming trying to see what was being stored and what was waiting to be unpacked. Some of the boxes I moved today were too heavy for me and no doubt I'll feel the pain tomorrow. My sister is coming to stay for a week from 2nd April so I want to keep sorting things out. I'm glad that she is visiting... it gave me incentive to get on with unpacking!

Dinner tonight was meat pies, mashed sweet potato and peas for both of us. I already know what I'm having tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to it...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Sunny for a while then a snow storm. Oh well it is March. Can't make up it's mind. High in low 40s tonight in the low 20s.

We're having beef & noodles. Mashed potatos. OR a quickie smoked sausage noodle skillet thingy. I can't decide. The way I'm feeling probably the skillet thing. If I have more energy tomorrow I could take beef & noodles to my pal and her family.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        We're having beef & noodles. Mashed potatos. OR a quickie smoked sausage noodle skillet thingy. I can't decide. The way I'm feeling probably the skillet thing. If I have more energy tomorrow I could take beef & noodles to my pal and her family.
        I'd go for the quickie smoked sausage noodle skillet thingy... it sounds delicious!

Napoleon Hill

Comment

LOL yep think that's what it's gonna be. I'm feelin wiped out today. Haven't made it for ages. It's ok nothing to write home about. Joe eats whatever is put before him. No complaints.

Comment

I was planning on smash burgers on the flat top but hubs said we are going furniture shopping today so it may just be Olive Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
              Joe eats whatever is put before him. No complaints.
              He's a wise man... He knows he would lose if he did complain!

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s been a cool and cloudy day, I haven’t really seen the weather news so I’m not sure what’s coming up in the next couple of days. Ken is doing about the same, not good, but not really any worse. My next door neighbors asked me last night if I needed anything at the grocery store as they were going anyway. I had a few things on my list that they picked up for me. I baked a cherry pineapple dump cake for them and gave it to them still kind of warm. It sure smelled good! I’ve got to go into Stanwood in a bit and get our taxes done, should be quick and easy.

The tax place is right next door to Papa Murphy’s so I’ve got an order in for a small pizza that I’ll pick up when I’m done. I don’t know if Ken will want any of it, we’ll see. If not, Ensure and yogurt for him.

Comment

Working...
                X