Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning and the wind has finally died down. It was just bitter cold yesterday with the wind gusting so hard. It will be a mostly sunny day with the high of 38 and the low of 32.

BBQ pork sandwiches, oven sweet potato fries, applesauce and DGS will have more of the chocolate pudding cake.

What will be your dinner on this Tuesday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have Swedish meatballs in the crockpot. They started the fencing today so my dog of course is having a fit that strange men have the audacity to enter his yard. He feels the need to guard me so whenever I sit down he has to stand over me.

Comment

Poker game tonight so I didn't need to cook... It was 'steak night' at the club so that's what we ordered: steak, chips and salad or vegetables for $13 per meal. The locals were a bit more welcoming towards John this time which made me happy. While John played poker I did some knitting combined with doing crosswords in my magazine.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Bright but still chilly day. I'm going to put on my 'big girl pants' and attempt to go for a walk this aft.
        I just took a pan of lunch room ladies brownies out of the oven - man oh man do they smell good! I will ice them later on..after my walk
        dinner will be chicken/mushroom alfredo and a garden salad as long as my lettuce hasn't browned too much
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I am still waiting for inspiration on dinner. Maybe if I made coffee I would feel like doing something. I need to gas up the car and get out but think I will stay in and be absolutely lazy. I went into my office and attempted to get some work done.

I still want to do some baking but today is not the day for me to do that. What I really need to get done is filling my gas tank. Every time I go the darn price is higher. My son had to travel on business this week and grumbled about his gas bill too.

have a great day

Comment

It’s been a pleasant day today, temperatures in the 50’s. I slept pretty well last night, all things considered. I went to the hospital Ken is in this morning, he’s very confused about where he is. I talked with the doctor and the palliative care person there, we all agree hospice is probably the best idea, as his condition is extremely critical. We’ll be meeting tomorrow morning to discuss things in more detail. I came home from visiting and thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned out my refrigerator, I just needed something to keep me occupied.

I’m going to make some baked fish with tomatoes and olives for my dinner and I’ll have an extra piece to eat tomorrow night. Brown rice and quinoa to go with it.

Comment

Charlene, my heart goes out to you. I have tried to reach out so many times on your posts about Ken, but they just sound so awkward and I end up deleting them, or I start crying and can't finish them. My heart is just breaking for both of you. I wish I could hug you in real life, but this big cyber hug is going to have to do! ❤️

Comment

I feel for you Charlene. I just suck at saying that kind of stuff.

Comment

Thank you ladies, I appreciate it so much. We’ve been together 47 years, and this is truly frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    Thank you ladies, I appreciate it so much. We’ve been together 47 years, and this is truly frightening.
                    I'd be frightened, too... I'm so sorry, Charlene. This is all happening too fast.
                    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X