Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining and the sky is black looking north and looking east the sun is peeking out. I think I will look east for the day. The high of 70 and the low of 56.

Potstickers, jasmine rice, salad and fruit will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I haven't got a clue, nothing sounds good today.

Comment

We are expecting freezing rain later, the school buses were cancelled prior. Lovely, lovely weather. Snow is melting tho, and ice is softening up on the lakes. Hubby and son are trying to madly finish up a dock before ice is out. Yesterday they had a delivery of 20 foot timbers + planking for dock. They came back from lunch 45 minutes later and there was a huge ice shove and crack right where they were going to haul material to. Guess its a blessing I told them to come home for a hot lunch!
      I woke this morning with a bit of a cough and a nose that's running like a faucet! I'm debating whether to take a test?
      planning a simple supper of sausages in AF and buttermilk pancakes, to be topped with maple syrup our friend made, yummers!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Our dinner was horrible tonight... barely edible. John wanted to play poker at a venue very close to home. It was at the Prince Albert Hotel in Gawler. John ordered a chicken schnitzel. I just ordered two sides: battered onion rings and sweet potato fries. Schnitzel should be hammered thin before being crumbed/breaded and shallow fried. The one served to John was a full breast of chicken just sliced in half. The onion rings were passable, the sweet potato fries were very soggy. What made the meal almost inedible was the amount of salt on everything! I've never known a pub that pre-salted the meals before they are served. The smell of rank cooking oil wafted through the entire building during mealtime. I told John that if he wants to keep playing there, he can have dinner at home beforehand. We will never eat there again. I should have checked Google reviews before going.

We are still putting things away, out of boxes and into cupboard. We did my filing cabinets today. My sister and brother-in-law arrive on Saturday or Sunday (can't remember which) and I'd like to get a bit more work done before they arrive. One thing for sure, we won't be taking them to the Prince Albert pub!

https://i.imgur.com/s5YHSQF.jpg
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I am clueless about dinner this evening. Maybe breakfast. I now weigh less than I did when I married my husband. I also am desperate for pants that fit me. Time to shop.

Comment

MommaBear, I sincerely hope you see your doctor ASAP about your loss of appetite and weight loss. This doesn’t sound healthy to me at all.

I had a very busy morning and early afternoon and I just crashed into a good nap. I went up to the hospital this morning and brought Ken his other hearing aid that I had cleaned yesterday, and he seemed more alert with it in. I met with the social worker, palliative care doctor and had a long talk on the phone with the hospice administrator. She really eased my mind about many things. We’re going to do hospice at home for as long as possible because there’s no cost to us for that. In hospital hospice for any length of time would pretty much wipe me out financially. Later this afternoon I had a much needed haircut.

I decided to make myself some chiles rellanos for dinner. I have pre-made rellanos from Hatch chiles in the freezer and I made the tomatoey broth that they go into. It smells so good right now!

Comment

Charlene, I am glad you got some much needed information as far as hospice care, hopefully it will be helpful for you. My neighbor who had ALS had home hospice care for over 2/3 years. Ofcourse ALS is a much different disease then cancer.
              Take care of yourself , get rest whenever you can.

Comment

Charlene... You and Ken have been in my thoughts. I just wanted you to know. Sending positive comfort your way.. This doesn't seem fair in the least. Get to this point and then this. Some things we cannot control I guess. Just know your in my thoughts. Hugs!

Comment

Thank you MWG, it’s really appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X