Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 31st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is sunny after a night of wind gusts and howling wind all night and this morning along with heavy rain. The wind gusts will continue with more rain at the day progresses and the high will start at 60 and drop down into a cold 34. Just crazy weather.

I have some homemade bread that will make perfect stuffed french toast along with sausage and fruit salad.

What will be your dinner on the last day of March?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We have that crazy weather going on here as well! Woke up to everything sheeted in ice, then the clouds broke and the sun was shining, all blue skies and warm temps. Here come the clouds again
    I'm making swiss steak for dinner tonite, with a garden salad on the side.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We've been working on finishing our unpacking. Everything now that is in the garage is staying there until we move. Everything else is at least in the right room but will need to wait until our son-in-law is here to put it all up in the highest shelves that we can't reach. They will be home on Sunday. Also on Sunday my sister and brother-in-law arrive from Melbourne. We are going to play musical beds... wait! that sounds so wrong. I just mean that I'll be sleeping on the couch, John will be in my king single bed and our guests will sleep in John's queen bed. Once we move again, we won't need to do all the bed swapping. I've managed to find places for everything that we brought with us from Melton without resorting to putting stuff under the beds.

We just had an easy dinner tonight. John had bacon, eggs, onion and a couple of bake-at-home rolls. I also had the bread rolls with chicken and corn soup. Now it's 2.20am and I'm hungry again. I have some 2-minute noodles in the pantry so that will do. Groceries are coming tomorrow.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I still don’t have a dinner plan today. This morning I had a doctors appointment and after that I hopped on the freeway to check out the directions to a friends home. After my iPhones most recent update I get the worst directions. I am far better off just shutting down the phone or putting her address in my cars gps.

Comment

Gray WINDY low 40s.

Fried chicken, mashed potatos, gravy corn from last yrs garden. If we get an urge for sweet I'll have keto toast _ jelly. he'll have yogurt (yuck)

Comment

My fence is finally up woo hoo! I got the nerf gun that shoots tennis balls 50 ft. We played that for a good hour. Of course the dog did not want to come in and now he is pouting like a giant baby. I have a new sofa coming today. Its so ugly and so not me, but it seemed to be the most dog proof one I could find. Its probably not really ugly but I like bright colored velvet sofas. Mine was on its last leg and they dont make them anymore, so I got a sectional thats dirt brown colored. Oh well.

I planned on grilled cheese tonight but hubs said we have to look at a few more houses tonight before the sheriff sale tomorrow. Maybe we will stop at the hot dog shack.

Comment

While I don't post here anymore really.. I do look every couple of days.. . Red Sauce with hot italian sausage and garlic bread tonight. Been fighting an awful sinus headache for the last few hours.. weather change again. Was mid 60's yesterday and now its 33 and some snow flurries. Wish spring would make up its mind.
              MWG

Comment

Originally posted by midwestguy View Post
                While I don't post here anymore really.. I do look every couple of days.. . Red Sauce with hot italian sausage and garlic bread tonight. Been fighting an awful sinus headache for the last few hours.. weather change again. Was mid 60's yesterday and now its 33 and some snow flurries. Wish spring would make up its mind.
                MWG
                good to see you again MWG. You prob don't remember me but I remember you & your "weather mistress" with LTB

Comment

He still is my Cutie!!!!!!
                  Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                  He drew a circle that shut me out.
                  But love and I had the wit to win,
                  We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a pleasant day today, slept in for a bit this morning. I went up to the hospital this morning, Ken really wants to come home. The hospice team delivered the hospital bed this afternoon, it’s in the family room so that he can watch TV, eat at the dining room table if he wants to and be able to have Abby near him.

I’m going to heat up the rest of the baked fish with tomatoes and olives and the brown rice and quinoa for my dinner.

Comment

Working...
                    X