Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a mostly sunny sky with the high of 50 and the l low of 34. Rain will move in later today.

Dinner will be BLT's and oven fries.

What will your dinner be?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

No clue. I have my car packed full of stuff to take to the lake house today. We probably wont get home unilt 6 ish so I am sure I wont be cooking. Probably pizza.

Comment

We didn't plan anything for today. John watched the football on his TV and I set up my bedroom and John's ready for my sister and brother-in-law. They are going to take John's queen bed... John will sleep in my king single... I'll sleep on the couch, which I really like doing. I ordered a mattress for our double bed and am going to set up bedroom 3 with that so we'll be more ready for visitors.

For dinner we ordered take-away from the Southern Hotel. We've dined in there a couple of times but tonight it was booked out. The meal was ok... just not as good as when we've eaten there. John had pork sausages (which looked like beef to me), mashed potato, gravy and onion. I had spaghetti bolognaise and we shared some onion rings. I probably won't buy take-away from there again.

Daylight savings time ends tonight so we get our hour back again. I'm not a fan of daylight savings at all.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I have no plans for today. My car needs gas so I suppose I will be getting out in a bit for that. I want beef stroganoff for dinner but don’t think I will be fixing that just for myself. Later today I will get out to take care of my errands.

Comment

Marinated flank steak. Baked potato, salad.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
            Marinated flank steak. Baked potato, salad.
            rosie: a woman of few words today
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Lol just one of those days. Soon as I pulled myself out of bed I was on the run. One pita led to the next. ended up cleaning under & behind stuff. We got the 2nd booster today. Told Joe I do not feel like going home & cooking so stopped at a little fish joint for supper. Now I'm wiped out.

Comment

It’s been a pretty day today, partly cloudy and pleasantly cool. I got Ken out of the hospital today and brought him home. I made sure I took our favorite scenic backroad because I don’t think he’ll get to see it again, and that’s heartbreaking. I got him into the hospital bed with some help and the hospice nurse came out and talked to me and left a bunch of supplies. He’s sleeping peacefully right now. My oldest son is on his way up, should be here in a couple of days. My daughter and other son will be here on Saturday. Time is definitely of the essence for this.

I’m going to heat up a small Marie Calendar’s chicken pot pie for my dinner and I’ll have some green salad with it. I’m going to try to get Ken to eat some yogurt or something, but he’s not interested in food at all right now. The hospice nurse said that’s not at all unusual.

Comment

Charlene - this is so heartbreaking for all of us here on CopyKat. We have lived your adventures and moves through this website and now realize it is winding down. Just know that you two had a wonderful time and life through all these years. I'm sure visits from your son and daughter will help your mental heath.

Comment

Thank you Vera. We have had a wonderful life together and for that I am grateful, we just didn’t think it would end so suddenly.

Comment

Working...
                    X