Boy am I slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy am I slow

I dont' buy rice very much so didn't notice the change in Uncle Ben's rice until today. I got my rice out of the cabinet and said "what the heck", why is it called Bens rice now? I had to go online to see what happened

You have to be politically correct now. Also, no more songs using man or woman such as" I am ???, hear me roar" or" When a ??? loves a ???". What a world we live in now. It goes on and on....... At least you now know your rice isn't out of date because it has the new name.

Comment

This is what I found on the internet

Is Uncle Ben's rice being discontinued?
      Why is it no longer called Uncle Ben's rice?
      https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KvCvrwuGgLpE&s
      The change marked “the brand's next step in its ambition to create a more inclusive future while maintaining its commitment to producing the world's best rice” said Mars. It comes after frequent accusations of racism against Uncle Ben's logo – an illustration of a black rice farmer – and name.

I guess this is all part of the "new world order " that our administration is promoting. It pretty much sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        I guess this is all part of the "new world order " that our administration is promoting. It pretty much sucks.
        This has nothing to do with who is in charge now... it's been happening for years in many countries. As I mentioned in a previous post, songs like Baa Baa Black Sheep are not allowed in kindergartens or school, Eeny Meeny Miny Moe had words changed (that one I agree with) and children are not allowed to be boys or girls... they are to be referred to as 'children'. Where we lived there were problems with some teenagers who were born in Australia to refugee parents, but if police put out a warning that a person was on the run from police and were not to be approached, they were not allowed to include in their description anything about their ethnicity, which makes the warning useless.

Just my opinion that events of the past should be corrected but it seems to have gone overboard in some areas.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I cannot understand the skin color issue. I'd love to be darker. I burn so easily and have a ruddy complexion.
          My dh tans dark enough to be considered a really dark Mexican or a lighter African American...sorry, I do not know the proper terms to use and I'm not trying to be racist.
          When my kids were in school, my daughter had a friend who was Mexican. She told my daughter I must have cheated on her dad becasue I had 2 totally different kids. My son took after his dad with the darker skin and brown hair, and my daughter took after my mom with the red hair and the light skin. Dh's mom could tan dark enough to look like a dark African American. Her family came from Moravia. It's just skin and some people have more pigment in the skin according to where their ancestors came from. Hotter areas need darker skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            This is what I found on the internet

Is Uncle Ben's rice being discontinued?
            Why is it no longer called Uncle Ben's rice?
            https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...KvCvrwuGgLpE&s
            The change marked “the brand's next step in its ambition to create a more inclusive future while maintaining its commitment to producing the world's best rice” said Mars. It comes after frequent accusations of racism against Uncle Ben's logo – an illustration of a black rice farmer – and name.

Uncle Ben's Changing Name To Ben's Original After Criticism Of Racial Stereotyping

September 23, 202011:43 AM ET

Comment

New world order lol. They changed the brand because a large number of black consumers found it offensive. People wont buy a product they find offensive so it was about making a larger profit.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                New world order lol. They changed the brand because a large number of black consumers found it offensive. People wont buy a product they find offensive so it was about making a larger profit.
                So why didn't black people find it offensive 10 years ago, why now? What has changed or who wants things to change ? What is Aunt Jemima syrup called these days ? I don't buy syrup , any syrup, so I have no clue.
                Read up on new world order and you will be surprised to read about things that are happening now. I don't give a flip if you believe me or not. It's already happening in Europe, of course you wouldn't know anything about that. Better buy up some more houses Muzette while they are still available to buy. Here in our area big cooperations are buying up houses that are for sale, and then those houses become rental properties and basically ruin the neighborhood, because they are rented out to low income people, who don't take care of their homes. All in the name of equity, we all have to be equal. No matter what. Sad times we live in.

Comment

Which new world order? I google that and get a ton of different things, in different times, in different countries,with different people. Which one are we talkign about?

Comment

What has changed is the African American community has more economic power than before and companies are paying attention. I have several low income rentals and you would be surprised they are the best renters. Section 8 always pays on time and I dont have to chase my money. If they break lease provisions its easier to have them removed.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                      What has changed is the African American community has more economic power than before and companies are paying attention. I have several low income rentals and you would be surprised they are the best renters. Section 8 always pays on time and I dont have to chase my money. If they break lease provisions its easier to have them removed.
                      More economic power and more of a voice, but the reparations talk is a little too much. Yes, their ancestors were brought over here against their will and yes, they have been discriminated against over time, but they are HERE, and not back in Africa. Chances of them being alive at all is very small if their ancestors had lived in Africa their whole lives. They should appreciate that and just move on and live their lives and quit blaming everyone else for their situations. Not everyone was here, In America, during that time, so they should quit blaming all white Americans, and America. None of us can change the past and none of us are responsible for what happened. That's like saying if a person commits a crime, it's Ok to grab the brother and blame him, prosecute him, and make him pay for the crime.

Comment

Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup is now called "Pearl Milling Company"
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                          Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup is now called "Pearl Milling Company"
                          Thank you for the info , Mudderbear

Comment

Working...
                          X