Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It was so beautiful yesterday made more so when I saw my daffodils are blooming. The high will be 64 and the low of 43 along with afternoon rain.

Tonight will be the last of the goulash, salad and applesauce.

What are you having this Wednesday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It’s a pretty day today but breezy and cold. I had a rough night with Ken last night. I was sleeping 15 feet from him and he managed to roll himself out of bed and on to the floor. I tried to get him up but just couldn’t do it. My next door neighbor, Milas, texted me last night and told if I need ANY help, call no matter what time and he was right here in about 2 minutes. I can’t believe how grateful I am for that family, they are truly wonderful. He hadn’t seen Ken for a few weeks and he was quite shocked. My youngest son is on his way up here right now, and I’ll have him stay here and help me out. He is experienced with hospice care.

I’m making meatball orzo soup tonight, it’s one of my comfort meals.

Comment

I don’t have a clue about dinner. I should have grabbed something to go on my way home. Something quick and easy. I’ve been to the neurologist this afternoon to get results of a test they ran recently. All was good.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        It’s a pretty day today but breezy and cold. I had a rough night with Ken last night. I was sleeping 15 feet from him and he managed to roll himself out of bed and on to the floor. I tried to get him up but just couldn’t do it. My next door neighbor, Milas, texted me last night and told if I need ANY help, call no matter what time and he was right here in about 2 minutes. I can’t believe how grateful I am for that family, they are truly wonderful. He hadn’t seen Ken for a few weeks and he was quite shocked. My youngest son is on his way up here right now, and I’ll have him stay here and help me out. He is experienced with hospice care.

I’m making meatball orzo soup tonight, it’s one of my comfort meals.
        I am surprised that your husband was able to roll out of bed by himself? Didn't you put the railings / guards up on each side of the bed ? How could he get out? Not a criticism, just surprised how that could happen ?

Comment

The rails are only at the head end and one wasn’t working properly (wouldn’t lock in place) and were replaced this morning. I keep them up at all times but he slid off the foot end.

Comment

I am so sorry that happened, that is the last thing you needed to deal with. I didn't realize that the bed had only rails at the head of the bed. I thought they were like the hospital beds in the hospital, I think they should be. What happened to your husband was awful and so dangerous. I am so sorry what you have to deal with. ((( Charlene )))

Comment

Thank you Sabine.

Comment

Working...
              X