Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

After more rain yesterday we will have a mostly sunny sky with the high of 63 and the low of 54.

We are having Rueben sandwiches, sweet potato fries along with Waldorf salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Spring has SPRUNG!!! It is an absolute beautiful day. I am going to walk over to my friends cottage on the lake, they want to come up for Easter wknd and need to know condition of driveway first. It will be a lovely walk. DS has bought us some steaks for BBQ-ing. I have all the sides prepped. DD will be joining us later and we will sit out on the deck and enjoy some brewskis.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Making tortas and street corn on the flattop. I accidentally let the dog out of the gate because I wasn't paying attention. He must have ran 600 miles around me in circles refusing to be caught and goosing my tush every few circles. Of course my fat arse fell in the mud while he continued to goose me. It was probably pretty funny to watch, but oooh I was so mad at him. Now he is tuckered out and I just want to take a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
        Making tortas and street corn on the flattop. I accidentally let the dog out of the gate because I wasn't paying attention. He must have ran 600 miles around me in circles refusing to be caught and goosing my tush every few circles. Of course my fat arse fell in the mud while he continued to goose me. It was probably pretty funny to watch, but oooh I was so mad at him. Now he is tuckered out and I just want to take a nap.
        [email protected] LOL OMGOSH wish I could have seen that https://www.copykatchat.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==https://www.copykatchat.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==https://www.copykatchat.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==​ we need a laughing emoji.
        been runnin all day. So got beef stew out of the freezer along with grilled cheese.

Comment

Oh muzette, I wish there was video of that!

I think it’s catching up with me today. Got up at about 9 am and just kind of took a rest, then started doing things little by little. Scrubbed down Ken’s bathroom, put fresh sheets on the guest room bed, rested a bit and watched The Rookie. Then I vacuumed all the floors and moved the ottoman back to the family room and the extra dining room chair back where it belongs. Now I’m resting a bit before I start cooking dinner. My plan is to get good and tired and it helps me sleep better.

I took two of the Kotlety Wolowe Siekane (Polish Ground Beef Cutlets) out of the freezer to cook tonight, that will give me at least 2 meals, so I’ll have some leftovers to use in a day or two. I’m having some frozen pierogies with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            Oh muzette, I wish there was video of that!

I think it’s catching up with me today. Got up at about 9 am and just kind of took a rest, then started doing things little by little. Scrubbed down Ken’s bathroom, put fresh sheets on the guest room bed, rested a bit and watched The Rookie. Then I vacuumed all the floors and moved the ottoman back to the family room and the extra dining room chair back where it belongs. Now I’m resting a bit before I start cooking dinner. My plan is to get good and tired and it helps me sleep better.

I took two of the Kotlety Wolowe Siekane (Polish Ground Beef Cutlets) out of the freezer to cook tonight, that will give me at least 2 meals, so I’ll have some leftovers to use in a day or two. I’m having some frozen pierogies with it.
            Take it easy Charlene, you don't need to clean everything in one day. It will all keep. Is your grandson still with you ?

Comment

No he left Sunday, he had to report to work in Phoenix on Monday. I’m taking frequent breaks and just had a nice afternoon nap.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                I’m taking frequent breaks and just had a nice afternoon nap.
                You're doing so well, Charlene... as Sabine said, there's no hurry to get things done but I hear you about physical work helping you to sleep... ♥♥♥

I needed to take the bed linen and towels to the laundromat to dry last night. Being out was a good opportunity to buy takeaway for our dinner, thereby not messing up the kitchen. John had his usual order: a steak sandwich with egg, bacon, onion, lettuce, tomato with no sauce. I found a "Prawn Pack" on the menu which was great: 9 crumbed king prawns (not frozen from a packet) served with chips and salad. I will definitely have that again one day.

Time to find a new doctor in this town. Over two weeks ago I whacked the back of my hand on the bedhead when I was stretching the fitted sheet onto the mattress. I tend not to bruise and I was just waiting for it to stop hurting. Trouble is, it didn't stop. I just need to check that it's ok. We need to establish ourselves with a new doctor anyway.

Since living in South Australia I've been much more vigilant about recycling whatever possible and reducing how much rubbish I send to land fill. I thought I'd been a good recycler in the past but apparently not. Every week I had been filling our 145 litre garbage bin with items I either didn't know was recyclable or I was too lazy to wash them before disposal. Now I wash whatever has to be clean, remove paper labels from glass jars and I take all our soft plastic recyclables to the drop off point at Woolworths. Our son-in-law took our Caddy to take a big load of cardboard to the recycling centre a few days ago. This week I have just one small bag of rubbish... about 8 litres instead of 145 litres. I told John that he needs to find a gold star to stick on my forehead...*LOL* If that's not a 'thing' in USA and Canada, when young school students do good work, the teacher will stick a small gold star on the child (forehead or hand or on written work) to show the parents that they have done their best work.
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I told John that he needs to find a gold star to stick on my forehead...*LOL* If that's not a 'thing' in USA and Canada, when young school students do good work, the teacher will stick a small gold star on the child (forehead or hand or on written work) to show the parents that they have done their best work.[/QUOTE]

Yep getting a gold star is a "thing" but never heard of it on the head or hand only on the paper.
                  I hope there's nothing terribly wrong with your hand. Good idea to get established with a doc. Especially with John's problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X