Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a rainy, windy morning along with the high of 59 and the low of 44. Hopefully the sky will become partly sunny as the day progresses.

Meatloaf is sounding good along with baked potatoes and peas..

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

LTB that's what we had yesterday. Yucky all day. Today is sunny, calm but chilly. Mid 30s meatloaf sounds so good. We have to finish beef & noodles + taking some to my sis. One of her favs. I do believe meatloaf is next. TY for inspiration

Comment

You are welcome!!! Have a good day!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Rainy day here, DH & DS knocked off work early, so I asked hubby if we can go to town so I can hit the bulk food store.... I want to make some Easter bark to take as a hostess gift to our friends cottage we are invited to on Saturday. This recipe looks so pretty. It's made with vanilla melting wafers, pastel coloured M&M's, same for sprinkles and crumbled Oreo cookies, apparently there are some that have coloured fillings?
        I just put our turkey in the oven for tomorrows dinner...I will be cooking the ham tomorrow. Our dinner tonite will be spaghetti/meat sauce and caesar salad.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Cooler day here... hoping that Summer has gone. I went to Woolworths today to get some items I need for my contribution to Easter Sunday dinner at my daughter's house. I expected there to be crowds of people shopping, tomorrow being Good Friday. Instead there very few customers.

We had a visit from the family for dinner tonight. Hannah is really warming to us, especially to Granddad. She ran to John to pick her up and she gave him a lovely cuddle. They brought dinner... fish, chips, coleslaw. The children had chicken nuggets and chips.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Dinner out this evening for our family. My son and family are in town this weekend to check out colleges for their youngest daughter. It sure is nice to have them in town. Thanks

Comment

Went to Denny's for lunch w friends so back to the
              chicken soup w noodles and
              garlic.

Comment

It’s been quite chilly all day and there has been some light rain too. There has been some light snow to the south of us, really weird for mid-April. I did some sorting of stuff and general tidying today, talked to youngest son and told him I’d probably make a trip to where he is in a couple of weeks and I’ll bring more of Ken’s clothes down for him. He took quite a few home with him when he was here last weekend. I also loaded up my car with a bunch of the hospice supplies that I’ll donate to the Arlington Food Bank tomorrow. Hospice wouldn’t take them back and they suggested donating them to the food bank.

I’m roasting a chicken tonight. Half done in mesquite marinade and half in brown sugar bourbon marinade. It’s a huge chicken! I’m also baking a couple of sweet potatoes too. I won’t have to do any heavy duty cooking for a few days now.

Comment

Working...
                X