Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and dreary with the high of 50 and the low of 33 with rain off and on and a wintery mix later tonight. Ick!!!

A spinach and cheese quiche will be dinner along with yogurt topped with fruit..

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We will have ham, pierogies and baked beans for dinner. Heading up to neighbour's cottage on the lake later for 'dessert & wine' meeting with a few other couples that live in our bay, will be so nice to do a normal thing again. I made the Easter Oreo bark to take up...is it ever a pretty sight! And verrrry sweet!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Today I have my little Granddaughter’s Birthday Party to attend. I won’t need to cook anything today. I have leftovers and we will likely barbecue at the party. My Granddaughter called her Aunt and asked to have her party there.

Comment

I made a hummingbird cake for tomorrow, it looks like a 6 yr old made it. I think if we drink enough wine at dinner no one will notice. I also made a batch of macaroni salad for tomorrow so all of the hard stuff is out of the way. I am thinking taco salad for dinner, its easy and I can make the meat outside on the flattop so I dont make a mess of my stove.

Comment

Quiet day here. Watered the lawn and the three badly planted fruit trees that will be unlikely to bear fruit when they grow... waste of water but my lease says I have to water them. One is a cherry tree, one is a peach, one is a feijoa (yuck) and there's some kind of berry bush right down the back. There's a self-sown olive tree at the front of the house and I have permission to have it removed. I'm thinking about it. The garden would look much nicer with some flowers. I'm favouring pigface because they come in nice colours and require very little attention.

Dinner tonight was steak... John had eggs, onions and peas, I had coleslaw. We followed up with watermelon.

Spending the day with our family tomorrow for Easter Sunday. We are having an early dinner with Andrew and Hannah, including their paternal grandparents. We are looking forward to it very much.

Oh... I almost forgot. Something disturbing happened today. When I went outside to water the fruit trees, I saw something in our yard that sent chills up my spine. THERE WAS A BASKETBALL IN OUR YARD!!! I must be a magnet for basketballs or else God is playing games with me... Haven't thrown it back yet because I don't know who it belongs to. One thing is certain, the owner's name better not be Bryce.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

" Oh... I almost forgot. Something disturbing happened today. When I went outside to water the fruit trees, I saw something in our yard that sent chills up my spine. THERE WAS A BASKETBALL IN OUR YARD!!! I must be a magnet for basketballs or else God is playing games with me... Haven't thrown it back yet because I don't know who it belongs to. One thing is certain, the owner's name better not be Bryce. "

I think you are being a bit dramatic. A basketball in your yard, so that means you have a neighbor or two who have kids who play basketball. That is life. One of these days your little Andrew may play basketball and you will have no control over it. Basketballs don't always land in the hoop, sometimes they land in a neighbors yard, driveway , garden etc. I think you need to relax, otherwise you are going to have a nervous breakdown.
            You better hope and pray that nobody in the neighborhood that you will move into when the new house is finally finished, has kids that play basketball or any outdoor ball games.

Comment

Good grief, Sabine... lighten up and stop trying to diagnose me with pending mental illness. John and I have laughed several times during the day about the basketball and I told the story in jest, hence the rolling eyes.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                Good grief, Sabine... lighten up and stop trying to diagnose me with pending mental illness. John and I have laughed several times during the day about the basketball and I told the story in jest, hence the rolling eyes.
                That is funny coming from you of all people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

That is funny coming from you of all people.
                  I have no idea what you mean by that but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I have no idea what you mean by that but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
                    Well, I could always remind you.

Comment

Block her. It's the only way to enjoy this board

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post

Block her. It's the only way to enjoy this board
                        That would not be a good idea. And Chayote knows that. And if you don't like what I post Rosie, then don't read it. This is between Chayote and myself, best to stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

That would not be a good idea. And Chayote knows that. And if you don't like what I post Rosie, then don't read it. This is between Chayote and myself, best to stay out of it.
                          Not a good idea and I know it?? What brought this on, Sabine? The fact that I told you I didn't want to use PM with you after you said you didn't understand much of what I wrote? I still don't know what your beef is. It's no secret that we left our home of 38 years because of the threatening behaviour of our old neighbour. Just like you told rosie, you don't have to read anything I write but lately you seem intent on having a go at me. As for being just between you and me, you've now started on me on a public board.

If you're busting to tell everyone about something I told you in PM, I still don't know what the hell you are talking about. It seems to be something to do with my mental health. I can give you a list if you want! I've taken medication for depression since I miscarried five precious babies, John takes medication for bipolar, my mother died from dementia, my brave son lives with autism. Is there anything that I missed?

If I hurt your feelings because I didn't want to PM with you, then it's not me with the problem. Just leave me alone for God's sake.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today and I’ve just been relaxing most of the day. I plan on baking some cookies and making potato salad tomorrow that I’ll share with my neighbors when they get back.

I’m going to have some more of the roast chicken and baked sweet potato I made a couple of days ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X