X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Happy Easter!!!

Well, the Easter Bunny and Old Man Winter are having a dispute on the weather front with snow on the rooftops, on the ground and spitting snow in the wind. The Easter Bunny is hopping along working hard on covering its tracks from the children.

Ok, onto a saner topic! After watching DGS get into his Easter basket with the delight of a child, I gave him some options for our dinner and he picked the ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted broccoli, bread that I have rising, deviled eggs and cupcakes he will decorate that he is making.

What are your Easter plans for your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Sounds almost like a carbon copy of yours. ham, scalloped potatos ??? Veg. No dessert. Joes sugar was a tad high & I'm TRYING to loose some weight

Comment

As I said yesterday, we had dinner with our family. The meal was just perfect: vermicelli salad, coleslaw, spinach leaves with fried haloumi and the meats were pulled lamb and marinated chicken. There was also oven chips and bake-at-home rolls. Dessert was lemon meringue pies, brownies, icecream, whipped cream and chocolate eggs. It was all amazing, especially because I got to bring home the leftover salads and a lemon meringue pie. I made the family dip recipe for afternoon tea. The paternal grandparents didn't try it and that was disappointing.

Hannah has finally started to come to me for cuddles. Seeing her little arms reaching up for me to pick her up is a feeling I can't describe. She tasted chocolate today for the first time in her life. Her face lit up with delight...

We are most likely driving back to Melbourne next weekend. We have a lot of stuff stored at Tiff's house and I'm anxious to stop cluttering her house with it. Most of all I want to retrieve our water cooler. Adelaide water tastes disgusting and I've been buying 600ml bottles of water from the supermarket.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Happy Easter…

It’s been a very pretty day today, nice temperatures and sunny skies. I’ve got some low grade muscle aches today, I’m thinking the headache I had yesterday and the aching might be a reaction to the COVID booster I had on Friday. I got a full batch of potato salad made today, half for when my son and DIL get here and half for the family next door when they get back tomorrow. I was going to make cookies too but was too tired when I got done. Maybe in a day or so.

I’m going to make an Asian chicken Caesar salad for my dinner tonight.

Comment

The kids came over and no one fought so woo hooo! I made way to much food as usual. Ham, smoked turkey, macaroni salad, green bean casserole, scalloped potatoes, creamed corn, Frito salad and hummingbird cake. The kids brought pasta salad, that strawberry jello pretzel salad and deviled eggs. I bought a giant box of Styrofoam to go containers so hubs and I each packed a box and I kept about half the ham. The rest went home with the kids. I really miss having family dinners every Sunday, but the kids seems to get along better when they do not see each other as frequently. I am going to lay in bed like a slug and digest.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            I’ve got some low grade muscle aches today, I’m thinking the headache I had yesterday and the aching might be a reaction to the COVID booster I had on Friday.
            Charlene... I had very little reaction to the first two vaccines, however the booster put me in bed for two days with the same aches and pains that you described. We are almost due for our second booster and am expecting the same reaction. If it doesn't happen, that's a bonus.
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

The only reaction for both of us for all 4 shots was a sore arm for a couple days. The flu vaccine put me down for couple days.

I hope you're feeling better soon Charlene

Comment

Other than a sore arm I didn’t really have much of a reaction to the other shots. This reaction was mostly just annoying and I am feeling better. I have a doctor’s appointment in the morning, it’s been scheduled for months. Just the usual blood testing etc.

Comment

Working...
                X