Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I am dragging this morning as I got a phone call at 2 this morning from the Dad that has the 3 children and needed help as he had just called the ambulance for his wife again. She has a chronic illness and it flairs up pretty bad sometimes. As long as I was there I went through the pantry and freezer and spent the next hours making food for now and freezing some for later. The older child smelled the food, got up and said he would help and did a wonderful job. She will be in the hospital for at least 2 days so I know they will have food prepped and have alerted the others that pitch in and help them also. A lovely family.

The weather will be a high of 40 and the low of 33 and rain most of the day.

Dinner will be a ham, cheese, broccoli and noodle casserole and cupcakes.

What will be your dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had a quiet day at home. I did some reorganisation of the garage because our daughter brought me some boxes of crystal that she had been storing for me. I need to make room in the garage for it so... does anyone want a large Plasma TV? What do we do with it? We have two new TVs now but the Plasma still works perfectly well. Op shop can't take TVs or any electrical stuff. My daughter doesn't know anyone who needs a TV and we don't know anyone. I'll leave my details at the Op shop in case someone goes there looking for a TV.

Dinner tonight was crumbed pork steak. I had been negligent with pork for John and we realised that he hadn't have any pork since we left Melbourne. He had chips and peas with the pork and I had chips and salads from yesterday.

Tonight I'm doing some knitting and binge watching God Friended Me. I'd meant to watch it when it was on TV so I'm catching up on shows that I've missed.

Tomorrow will be a day out. We have an appointment with the pension office at lunchtime and we thought it would be a good opportunity to have lunch at the pub and then we'd only need something light for dinner. I also need to go to Bunnings (hardware) to get a few things to finish off my desk storage.
    Last edited by Chayote; 04-18-2022, 10:47 AM. Reason: corrected TV show name
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

WOW LTB what a night. We all should be so blessed to have a neighbor like you!!! That just blew me away. It's what the world needs now. More love & kindness

We must finish meatloaf before starting on ham. I could freeze it. NAA

Chay you could do what they do here. Toss it in the ditch. then county will pick it up. No scruples anymore

Comment

Ah rosie,

Thank you but you do the same when it someone needs something or help. It is a choice I have always felt. We can ignore or we can do what we can and be kind, caring and thoughtful. I have told DGS over and over that he should learn how he can be a Blessing what the opportunity arises. It can be the smallest thing that can mean the most.

I totally agree with you that the world needs more love and kindness along with a good dose respect for others.

The neighbors I contacted are now in the process of doing laundry, monitoring the home schooling of the children, making lunch and being awesome surrogate moms for the day. Bless their hearts.

Have a great day!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
          Chay you could do what they do here. Toss it in the ditch. then county will pick it up. No scruples anymore
          Here's the thing... since we moved I've challenged myself to recycle as much as humanly possible. I've reduced the amount of rubbish I was responsible for going into landfill from a full 45 litre bin to a very small bag that barely covers the bottom of the bin. We've taken a van full of cardboard boxes to the recycling centre, we have a large box in the garage for recycling aluminium cans and plastic drink bottles and I've taken two huge bags of soft plastics to a recycling drop-off point. Food scraps can now go into our greenwaste bin for compost. The thought of tossing out a working TV goes against every fibre of my being. I guess I'll just keep it in the garage and rue the fact that we are now a throw-away world... I don't want it to end up as landfill. I will try hard to find a new home for it...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I was juat kidding. I knew you wouldn't do such a thing. Just burns my butt that people can recycle tv's here cost is $10. Instead they pitch em in the ditch along the road. we recycle eveything we can. Have for years. Some people put them out to the curb with a "free" sign on them. They go pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
              I was juat kidding. I knew you wouldn't do such a thing. Just burns my butt that people can recycle tv's here cost is $10. Instead they pitch em in the ditch along the road. we recycle eveything we can. Have for years. Some people put them out to the curb with a "free" sign on them. They go pretty fast
              That's what happens in this country, too. To get rid of a bed mattress it costs $40 at the tip so we often see old mattresses dumped on country roads. I've maintained for years that if the councils made it free to take any rubbish to the tip, they wouldn't have to spend so much money clearing along roads.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Still eating leftover Easter food...tonite will be a repeat of yesterday, turkey slices in gravy, french fries (AF) and peas
                Surprisingly DH did not work today, so he said he wanted to go to town and buy 'stuff' to fill up loot bags for our grandson's BD party this wknd. I thought that was so cute of him to think that. We had much fun grabbing little toys, bubbles, candy etc.
                When we got home, I walked into the kitchen a find a mess of insulation, wood shaving, and crap....I look up to ceiling to find a small hole between kitchen and laundry room! eeeks! I had seen the same thing yesterday when we came home, but it looked like bits of toast on floor from breakfast. So, hubby figures we have a black squirrel in the roof. great......Thank God we are starting reno's soon so all can be ripped out with no issues, and hope the bugger gets lost!
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been raining lightly most of the day today. I had a 9:15 am appointment with my doctor for fasting blood work etc and stopped at Michael’s afterwards to buy a frame and then came home. I’ve been doing some tidying up, my son and his wife will be here tomorrow for a few days. I hope to be able to show them more of the area while they’re here. I got a call that Ken’s ashes were ready for me to pick up so I went and got them and brought him home. I can’t say enough good things about the business that took care of it, they were amazing and so helpful.

I think I’m going to repeat last night’s dinner, Twisted Asian Caesar Salad (Fresh Express) with rotisserie chicken all over it and maybe an English muffin. It was really good!

Comment

Working...
                  X