Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is out, the wind has died down, no snow, no rain with the high of 55 and the low of 49.

Dinner will be corn chowder with ham and potatoes in it along with a loaf of Artisian bread I am baking today.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Cloudy chilly high low 60s. Suppose to get some sun later. Rain tonight late.

Ham & beans. Fried cornbread (hoe cakes)

Comment

Another day spent at home but I'm not complaining at all. I like staying home. I ordered another cube storage unit for the laundry and we can pick it up tomorrow from OfficeWorks where they will put it in the Caddy for us. Too heavy to get out of the Caddy at home but we can open up the box and bring it inside one piece at a time.

John went out to a poker game tonight so we are only just having dinner now at 11.45pm. He came second in the social game and won $100 so he was happy.

Dinner is the remaining crumbed pork and mashed potato for John; I had crumbed pork and coleslaw. That ends the leftovers in the fridge.

I've had the TV on all afternoon and evening and it's just so apparent that we have Federal elections coming up. Our sitting Prime Minister has described himself as the underdog. We are in for TV ads about the election for the next month. The local candidate has 1,000 Corflute posters around our area, one on every power pole. I can't help thinking that voters will tire of seeing his face all over town and decide not to vote for him.

Did you know that voting in an election is compulsory in Australia? In South Australia, if a person doesn't vote and ignores the requests for a reason for not voting, a fine of $183 is imposed. In Victoria the fine was $50.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        Fried cornbread (hoe cakes)
        Hoe cakes??
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Yep as the story goes way way back the slaves would clean off the hoes and cook this bread on their hoes ???? Don't know if it's true. I do believe it's more of a southern thing and my parents were born and raised in South eastern Kentucky. I grew up on cornbread patties. LOVE LOVE LOVE em. Not good for losing weight tho. You can Google hoe cakes
          I don't use sugar. IMHO cornbread should NOT be sweet
          Last edited by rosie; 04-20-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

It is a sunny day, but only high of 8. I hung out some bedding on the line. Bought a new duvet cover from Ikea and will wash/hang duvet tomorrow as it is supposed to be a warmer day.
            Today is Ty's 39th BD, and his son Kian's 1st BD as well. How sweet to share a birthday! We will go in to town later on to have a drink with some friends. There will be an outdoor gathering on Saturday for all to celebrate...so far rain is predicted. Boo.
            Dinner will be leftover mac & cheese.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
              It is a sunny day, but only high of 8. I hung out some bedding on the line. Bought a new duvet cover from Ikea and will wash/hang duvet tomorrow as it is supposed to be a warmer day.
              Today is Ty's 39th BD, and his son Kian's 1st BD as well. How sweet to share a birthday! We will go in to town later on to have a drink with some friends. There will be an outdoor gathering on Saturday for all to celebrate...so far rain is predicted. Boo.
              Dinner will be leftover mac & cheese.
              Your high is 8? YIKES

Comment

rosie: that would be approx 46 F
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Oh I forget celcius. I can only think in fahrenheit......

Comment

It was beautiful this morning but we’ve got rain coming in soon. My son has been working on getting the garage tidied up and organized, it’s looking much better in there. I’ve mostly been taking it easy today.

I’m making cheeseburgers and Parmesan zucchini chips for dinner, really looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                    X