Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with a slight chance of rain this morning and then clearing with sunshine and the high of 80 and the low of 61. Yes, a June feeling day for enjoyment.

A warm day calls for summertime food of BBQ chicken, baked beans, deviled eggs and potato salad.

What will be your Saturday night dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

sunny high in low 80s. A bit windy. Joe's going to mow. I'm gonna get couple small loads on the line if they don't blow away.

Have leftover chicken tenders. So in the same spirit of LTB. Summer food. Chef salads with chopped chicken tenders.

Comment

Today I left John at home and went shopping with my daughter and the children. We went to the most amazing supermarket I've ever seen. I could have stayed there all day. Julia took some photos inside the store for me so when I put them together, I'll put them into another thread.

For dinner I had a patty that I bought at that supermarket... it consisted of haloumi and lots of vegetables. I also bought some long rolls so I air-fried the patty and smashed it into a roll with pea shoots and aioli. Yummy! I had some bolognaise sauce in the fridge so I loaded it up with cauliflower, carrot, pumpkin and peas and gave it to John with a buttered roll. He said it was nice.

The smell in the house wasn't so good when I first got home. I could smell gas! When I got to the kitchen I found a very burnt saucepan over a medium to high flame. I asked John what he had cooked... he found the hot dogs in the fridge and heated then in water on the stove but forgot to turn the gas jet off. The saucepan had sat on the largest gas jet, turned on for about 5 hours. Today was the first time I've left him at home in a long time. In future I'll leave something out for his lunch that he can heat in the microwave. At least the microwave doesn't have a flame...

It takes talent to burn water...

https://i.imgur.com/UJcr0Ef.jpg
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

consider yourself lucky the kitchen didn't burn down. Strange that your husband didn't smell the burned pot ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          consider yourself lucky the kitchen didn't burn down. Strange that your husband didn't smell the burned pot ?
          he has very little sense of smell left and sitting close to the kitchen as it was burning, he didn't notice it. I got the saucepan clean. I bought that set for my Mum almost 40 years ago... obviously made to last.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Glad it all worked out and he wasn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
            X