Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is sunny and will be a beautiful day with the high of 82 and the low of 62. It will be a stunningly awesome day.

I have all my garden beds ready for planting, compost worked in and see where I have lettuce coming up from last year that surprised me along with beans. My garlic I planted last fall is looking good so all in all I will plant the cool weather seeds today of carrots, a mixed variety of lettuce and radishes. I love this time of year when everything becomes so beautiful, new and full of rebirth of the old and birth of the new.

Dinner will be meal of leftovers with BBQ chicken sandwiches, potato salad, deviled eggs and a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner this Sunday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had dinner at our daughter's house tonight. Julia had gone to such a lot of trouble to give us our favourite meals. With a bottle of Rekorderlig Strawberry & Lime Cider, I had salt and pepper prawns with Vermicelli salad; John had crumbed lamb cutlets with mashed potato and peas; Daryl had the same as John; Julia had the Vermicelli salad, mashed potato and I didn't see what else (she's vegetarian); Andrew and Hannah both had sausage, carrot and something else. For dessert I had made a chocolate cake with fudge icing which we had served with icecream. It was all perfect.

I'm learning my way around Gawler East where we now live and tonight was the first time I drove from our house to Julia's without using the GPS.

Not much else happened today... a load of washing that I hung out on the line. Oh, just remembered that I didn't bring it in. I'll get it tomorrow. Not used to hanging things on the line.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It sure is warm out. I really want to turn the air on but they said possible snow later this week lol. I got some chicken drumsticks which I really do not like, but they were cheap. I figured I havent smoked them before so the grill is heating up as we speak. Corn on the cob and garlic butter green beans to go with.

Comment

My daughter invited me for dinner today and I am looking forward to getting out of the house

Comment

Gorgeous day here and then back to snow later in week
          Dinner is chicken/bacon/ranch, rice and cauliflower.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It has been spectacular today, temperatures in the low 60’s and so beautiful and bright. My lilac tree in the back yard is in full bloom and the other trees are in bloom too. I did a quick grocery run and went to pick up my mail and saw that the house across from the mailbox was having an open house. This house is the same as mine but I’d heard from the lady that lived there that mine had a lot of upgrades that hers didn’t have. So, me being nosy, I went and looked at it. There were several changes from mine, I have laminate floors throughout and granite counters, that one has wall to wall carpet and laminate countertops throughout. The house around the corner that has the same floor plan as mine sold for $625K last week and the one I looked at today is listing for $569K and will probably go higher. That’s about $200K more than I paid! I’m sittin’ on a gold mine!

I heated up more of the Chianti pot roast and tortellini and had some garlic bread with it. It was good!

Comment

Are you thinking about selling your house ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                Are you thinking about selling your house ?
                Oh heck no! I was just curious about the floor plan and what the homes are going for in case I need to do an equity line of credit in the future. I love my house and have no plans to sell/move at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post

Oh heck no! I was just curious about the floor plan and what the homes are going for in case I need to do an equity line of credit in the future. I love my house and have no plans to sell/move at all.
                  Good idea to keep track of the value of your home for insurance purposes.
                  Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                  X