Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It was sunny but is clouding up for a day of rain. I got the lawn mowed and weed wacked yesterday as I knew the rain was on the way. The high will be 73 and the low of 43.

Stuffed pork chop smothered in gravy and baked, steamed carrots and baked apples will be dinner.

What are you having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have all the windows open enjoying the air before the temp drops 30 degrees by dinner time. Making sloppy joes tonight, yum.

Comment

Gray gloomy raining. Suppose to have sun later ??? High in mid 50s.

Got out lb of sausage. Either French toast with sausage ORRR sausage gravy biscuits and eggs

Comment

Our day was spent getting ready for our trip to Melbourne. Our favourite stopover at Bordertown was booked out so we will drive a little further to stop overnight.

Not wanting to cook tonight we picked up dinner from a local takeaway. John had a steak sandwich and what the locals call a "dippy dog" which is a frankfurt in batter. In Melbourne they were called a "Dagwood dog" and when we lived in Canberra, it was a "battered sav". I had the prawn pack: 9 king prawns in panko crumbs, chips and salad.

Tomorrow we are going shopping for new jeans for John and a few groceries to take with us on Wednesday.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

That “dippy dog” sounds kind of like our corn dog here in the US.

This morning was just gorgeous but the rain clouds are coming in now. I’ve been doing some minor tasks around the house and general sorting of things. I also took a break and watched a couple of episodes of Lucifer on Netflix.

I’m going to make a big salad with some chopped chicken on it for dinner, that’s always good.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            That “dippy dog” sounds kind of like our corn dog here in the US.
            Similar, Charlene... I've had a corn dog and the coating is different. South Australian Dippy dogs are just deep fried in a flour and water batter. The coating on corn dogs are cornmeal (I think)

https://mudgeerabaseafood.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/menu-battered-sav.jpg
            Last edited by Chayote; 04-26-2022, 02:44 AM. Reason: add photo and correct typo
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
            X