Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast at the moment with a partly sunny sky predicted with the high of 52 and the low of 36.

Meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes and corn will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Just took the dog out to work on training when its a heavy traffic time. We made it a full block before he got to panicky and had to come home. It took 30 min and 4 pockets full of milk bone but he is worn out. Really he just woke up bouncing off the walls and was so annoying. I figured it would do my fat rump some good to walk anyhow. I think I am just as worn out.

Planning on smash burgers on the flat top if weather permits. If its yucky out Sheppard's pie sounds really good.

Comment

We did our shopping today. Amazing how much a man's mood can change when directed into a try-on booth in a clothing store. He had complaints at the ready... booth is too small, pants are too long, why do I have to take my shoes off, etc. etc. I didn't listen beyond that point. Fortunately I estimated the correct size and he only needed to try on three pairs of pants. We calmed his demeanor by having Macca's icecream cones afterwards.

I saw a really nice butcher shop as we were leaving the shopping centre/mall so I purchased some meat to leave in the freezer until we get home. I got lamb chops to make another Irish stew and some pork spareribs. When we got back to Gawler I went to Drakes supermarket and bought sliced ham to take with us on our journey... I'll buy fresh bread in the morning and make sandwiches. I was excited when I saw some sweet biscuits on their website and I've been craving them for a long time. I saw on the shelf where they were supposed to be but there was an OUT OF STOCK sign... I'm going to have to try one of the recipes that I found on Pinterest.

For dinner we just cleaned out the fridge. John had mashed potato, peas and hot dogs (no bread); I had a hot dog (no bread) with pasta salad.

For the rest of the evening I'll be shortening John's new pants by about 10 inches.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

No rain today, but on cool side, fire is blazing away in the woodstove.
        We will have our steak BBQ today. DD and her hubby were to come for dinner, but apparently they are both really sick....sounds like flu? They have both tested negative. They have been house sitting for 12 weeks for friends that have a beautiful lake house...nearby to us which is great. Now, we won't be seeing them as often as they will be moving back to city (2 1/2 hrs away) and come up on wknds. They are really hoping to find a cottage to rent for the summer, but its virtually impossible and sooooo expensive! The one house they were looking at was $40,000.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
          No rain today, but on cool side, fire is blazing away in the woodstove.
          We will have our steak BBQ today. DD and her hubby were to come for dinner, but apparently they are both really sick....sounds like flu? They have both tested negative. They have been house sitting for 12 weeks for friends that have a beautiful lake house...nearby to us which is great. Now, we won't be seeing them as often as they will be moving back to city (2 1/2 hrs away) and come up on wknds. They are really hoping to find a cottage to rent for the summer, but its virtually impossible and sooooo expensive! The one house they were looking at was $40,000.
          Wow! Is that per month?

Comment

Hi Ang! No, that is for June July & August.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
              Hi Ang! No, that is for June July & August.
              WOW That seems crazy high. But then I'm not up on things. Dgd graduates college may 7th will move to Indy. Can't find an apartment for less than 2,000 a month. just boggles my mind!!
              After much indecision we're having breaded tenderloins, mac salad I bought. Have alittle broccoli leftover may mix it into mac salad.

Comment

It’s been kind of sprinkly most of the day with some wind. I had to bump up the thermostat a couple of degrees. I’ve been taking it easy today, just wasn’t feeling the least bit ambitious, and that’s OK.

I’m finishing up the Chianti pot roast and tortellini and having some garlic bread with it for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                X