X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Hello May Day!!!

It is overcast and raining and will be most of the day. The high a wonderful 74 and the low of 52.

Dinner will be a loaded pasta salad and per DGS's request strawberry shortcake with him making the biscuits.

What will be your dinner this Sunday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have no clue today, nothing really sounds good. I might do meatball sandwiches because its easy.

Comment

I suspect I will just go with salad. Hopefully tomorrow I will make it to the store to pick up a couple of items.

Comment

Sunny windy 65
        don't have a clue what I'll make. Nothing sounds good. Maybe Joe will give me an idea

Worked outside most of the day. I'm beat. Farmers almanac said today is good for above ground. So planted green beans and cucumbers I don't plant zucchini til after first week of June. That way you have no squash beetles nasty buggers
        Joe ended up with catfish, fried potatos and corn from last yrs garden. I had leftover BLT bake
        Last edited by rosie; 05-01-2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Not as nice as yesterday, but I'll take it...I did get a fire going this aft due to rain coming in for the next few days...hubby is sick with a terrible cold and I know he'll appreciate a cozy, warm house.
          I just put some chicken breasts in the oven with BBQ sauce, sides of rice, corn and thought I'd saute up a few lonely mushrooms/onions.
          I went to the grocery store again and bought more ground beef and pork tenderloin for the freezer. Getting a nice stock pile.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
            Not as nice as yesterday, but I'll take it...I did get a fire going this aft due to rain coming in for the next few days...hubby is sick with a terrible cold and I know he'll appreciate a cozy, warm house.
            I just put some chicken breasts in the oven with BBQ sauce, sides of rice, corn and thought I'd saute up a few lonely mushrooms/onions.
            I went to the grocery store again and bought more ground beef and pork tenderloin for the freezer. Getting a nice stock pile.
            Dang Mudder that sounds so good ! I decided after having burgers last night I didn't want anymore of that burger. Must have been bull. Very chewy YUCK.

Comment

It’s been a pretty and busy day today. I’m going to go down to the Portland area for a couple of days this week to visit my youngest son, he’s staying with his dad right now. I packed up a bunch of Ken’s clothes to take to him and anything he can’t wear can get donated there. I booked a hotel for 2 nights, got it for free with my Choice Hotels points and started packing my toiletries and meds today. I didn’t even ask if they had room for me at their house, I’d just feel more comfortable in a hotel with Abby for company. Tomorrow I’m going to bake some cookies to give to my next door neighbors and for my son and his dad. I might even keep some for me.

I’m trying a new recipe tonight just so I can use up some stuff in the fridge; One Pan Cheesy Sausage Gnocchi and I might roast some asparagus to go with it. I’ll post the recipe if it turns out good.

Comment

Working...
              X