Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark out so I cannot see if the sky is overcast or not. We had a torrential downpour yesterday that flooded the roads and every thing else. We got 1.35 inches of rain in a matter of a couple hours.

The high will be 60 and the low of 51 with mostly cloudy skies.

Dinner will be smoked sausage, fried cabbage and carrots along with baked apples.

What will be your dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Sunny chilly mid 50s

We're doing clean out the fridge. LTB that sounds so good I do believe that will be tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration

Comment

BRRRR and overcast/rain
      Heading to town to pick up a few things...I just wanna go so I can go to the Salvation Army thrift store to hunt for toys!!!!
      I will put a roast beef in the oven before we leave, sides of roast taters, carrots/gravy. One of my fav meals and will be comforting on this yucky day.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I woke up on the wrong side of the beds today and am super cranky. Hubs took that as his message to go to work lol, I just wish he would have taken the dog and cats with him. I had a small whole chicken that I pulled from the freezer. I just use them for stock and dog treats but hubs said it smelled so good and asked for chicken noodle soup, so thats what we will have.

Comment

You are welcome rosie. It was a case of what do I have and what can I make so frying the sausage, cabbage and carrots together makes it easy, good and only one pan that needs washed. I love the smells of baked apples as does DGS so that is always a no brainer for me. Enjoy

tomorrow if that is what you make

Have a good one!!!

Comment

It’s been kind of sprinkling on and off all day, good day for baking. I’m making 2 double batches of cranberry oatmeal cookies today, 8 dozen for my next door neighbors and 5 dozen for my son and his dad and 3 dozen for me. I’m also doing laundry in between. I figure if I get this done today I can concentrate on loading up the car tomorrow.

I’m so glad I made a full recipe of the Burrito Zoodles on Saturday! All I need to do is reheat some for dinner. I may have some tangerines with it.

Comment

Well, up here in Central Wisconsin (at our second home) it's 7:22 and we haven't eaten yet but that is not unusual for us. The fireplace is blazing and we're having a cocktail. Mostaccioli (frozen from a large homemade batch) is in the oven on low. We'll kick it up to 350 degrees soon and will serve it with a salad and some breadsticks. It was 50 degrees up here today but was windy, cloudy and damp so I was walking and then working in the yard wearing my old winter coat (circa 2002) and was glad that I was wearing it! Daffodils are blooming up here; back in Illinois our daffodils have been blooming for two weeks.

Comment

Hi Home buddy. It is nice seeing you posting.

Comment

Working...
                X