Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Dark, dreary and raining is the prelude of what the day will be like. The high of 60 and the low of 50.

I am making beef and noodles, peas, pickled beets and a fresh pineapple.

What will be your dinner be this Friday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

54 rain off & on all day.

Pork chops, mashed taters, gravy. veggie to be determined later

Comment

livetobake: your dinner sounds just soooo yummy!

We have another gorgeous day. I did all my chores early yesterday and was able to sit out on back deck and read for a few hours, I also got a sunburn.
      I will do same this aft, but will put on sunscreen and not tanning lotion.
      Tonight's dinner will be frozen veal cutlets, rice with green onions, and going to try a DelMonte 'new to me' corn medley, I will choose between Mediterranean or Mexican style
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thanks Mudder. Yours and rosie's both sounds really good also.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I cooked John a steak with chips, eggs and onion... I had some sweet corn cobettes and some soup. I cooked a big pot of vegetable soup using a whole BBQ chicken for the stock. It turned out amazingly good and I'll probably live on it for the next week.

We have a big week ahead of us:

Tomorrow (Saturday 7th) is our 45th wedding anniversary. We are going out for a special lunch with our Adelaide family, Julia and I are then going to a very fancy dessert restaurant and then we are going to a Wiggles concert for adults.

8th is Mothers' Day... having dinner with Adelaide family... possibly with cake

11th is my birthday... cake for dessert

12th is Andrew's birthday (6)... more cake

13th my son, Charlie is flying in to stay a few days with us

14th is Andrew's birthday party... another cake

Last edited by Chayote; 05-07-2022, 12:17 PM. Reason: edited because Mothers' day is 8th, not 15th
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
            I cooked John a steak with chips, eggs and onion... I had some sweet corn cobettes and some soup. I cooked a big pot of vegetable soup using a whole BBQ chicken for the stock. It turned out amazingly good and I'll probably live on it for the next week.

We have a big week ahead of us:

Tomorrow (Saturday 7th) is our 45th wedding anniversary. We are going out for a special lunch with our Adelaide family, Julia and I are then going to a very fancy dessert restaurant and then we are going to a Wiggles concert for adults.

11th is my birthday... cake for dessert

12th is Andrew's birthday (6)... more cake

13th my son, Charlie is flying in to stay a few days with us

14th is Andrew's birthday party... another cake

15th is Mothers' Day... having dinner with Adelaide family... possibly more cake
            I didn't know our b-days were so close. Mine is the 8th which is also mothers day here
            wow that is a busy week and I'm green with envy for all the cake!!!
            Last edited by rosie; 05-06-2022, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Oh man, long tiring day! Got up early, had a quick hotel breakfast, loaded up the car and prepped the ice chest and headed for Trader Joe’s. I found it easily, got what I wanted there, came back to the hotel to pick up Abby and check out. I hit the road for home at 10:38 am and it was absolutely pouring! Heavy rain where you really had a hard time seeing and hoped they hadn’t run out of white paint for the lane lines. Not fun. It took me 1/2 hour to go 2 miles when I got to Tacoma, opened up for awhile and then I hit Seattle. It wasn’t as bad as I expected until I got well to the north of the city and then it crawled pretty much the whole way to and through Everett. Once I got through that it opened up and was easy the last 20 miles or so. Once I got home I unloaded the car, fed Abby and unpacked just the necessities and ate a quick dinner in my jammies. I will say I’ve had enough of big cities to last me another few years! I do not miss that at all!

I had a Trader Joe’s Harvest Chicken Salad with some extra meat added to it for my dinner.

Comment

Working...
              X