Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful sunny morning with the high of 65 and the low of 46 with a mild breeze blowing.

DGS asked me what I would like for Mother's Day and I said I would like spending time in the local greenhouse getting some flowers for my flower boxes and a couple vegetable plants that I did not start but have decided I would like. He went with me last year and really acted like he enjoyed picking out some flowers he liked. The place is big so there is plenty of variety.

DGS said he will make dinner but I have no idea what but know it will be good.

What will you be having this Mother's Day?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had phone calls from my children this morning and a visit from Julia, Daryl, Andrew and Hannah for dinner. They brought the usual (and much looked forward to) meal of fish and chips. John had a steak sandwich and a dippy dog which is his 'usual' from the most popular takeaway shop in Gawler.

Hannah was tired and she asked me to pick her up and she just melted into my arms. I love these children so much. They took a photo of us with the children yesterday for our wedding anniversary. I love it!

https://i.imgur.com/qGiWm6k.jpg
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

That’s a wonderful picture!

Comment

Now that is a great picture. I would say that Andrew and Hannah are loving that their grandparents are now living so close to them. Thanks for sharing, Chayote.

Comment

That is an awesome pic. Happiness shines out of all your faces. Love it. Thanks for sharing

Comment

What a great weekend, Chayote, for all of you! Awesome pic! What is a dippy dog?

Comment

We were at the lake for a few days. Had tons of errands when we got home. One included going through one of the houses we bought before the crew goes in to junk the remaining contents. I found a Jack Skellington crockpot of all things so lucky me. I also took 5 laundry baskets, I seem to never have enough any more, a brand new set of springform pans and some Wilton cake molds. There are loads of Little Tyke toddler toy sets so those are going to the shelter and everything else is getting trashed.

I am exhausted today so we picked up a mushroom pizza. I also found a morel mushroom growing in my yard so that was exciting.

Comment

Happy Mother’s Day!

It’s been a nice day today, although we had some light sprinkles early this morning. I stayed up pretty late last night, I was binge watching The Thing About Pam and just couldn’t go to bed until I finished it. That was some interesting viewing! I’ve been doing more file cabinet sorting today too, what a mess. I heard from the kids and grandkids, everyone is doing good.

I’m making Lime Cilantro Pork Kebabs, some quinoa and brown rice and half an artichoke for dinner, YUM!

Comment

Originally posted by AngID View Post
                  What a great weekend, Chayote, for all of you! Awesome pic! What is a dippy dog?
                  it's what we call a corn dog, a hot dog with a batter around it.

Comment

Chay, that’s a great picture. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

it's what we call a corn dog, a hot dog with a batter around it.
                      Correct... but without the cornmeal added to the batter. John loves them.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                        Chay, that’s a great picture. Thank you for sharing.
                        Thanks, Bean. We haven't taken photos like that since our 25th Wedding Anniversary so it was time to take more.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                        X