Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be another beautiful day with lots of sunshine and the high of 78 and the low of 50.

I already have egg salad made and am working on tuna salad for sandwiches and will have Waldorf salad also for dinner.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It will be another warm day here as well

livetobake: egg and tuna salad sandwiches along with salmon are the epitome of summer food! I said to DS yesterday that I enjoyed the most delicious 'summer sandwich' for lunch yesterday, and he laughed, 'Mom, what the heck is a summer sandwich'? well, in that case I had a cucumber/cheese/mayo sandwich. he asked me why I called it that....cuz its refreshing on a warm or summer day!

I have a little maple ham to cook up for dinner along with scalloped potatoes - box - and carrots.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I agree that sandwiches fit the bill as the weather gets warmer and DGS and I both like making up different variations of a classic.

Your dinner sounds good Mudder.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I have 3 grandson that just got home from college and they missed the Mother's Day dinner
        So I'm redoing the sausage, ham, baked beans, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes
        Cherry pie and fresh strawberry pie.
        Most of this is reheating some of the left overs and some I have to make

Comment

Old fashioned natural casing weiners on the grill and instant pot mac and cheese. Waiting for my coffee to kick in this morning still.

Comment

Nothing better than natural casing hot dogs. Much better than the skinless but natural casing is harder to find in our local grocery stores except for Wegmans.

Cold today so haven't decided on dinner. Might be just creamed chipped beef on toast - a lazy dinner with fruit tart for dessert.

Comment

We haven't eaten hot dogs in years. But I do know that Boars head has hot dogs with natural casings. Boars head lunch meat is the only kind of lunch meat buy. Usually just roast beef and turkey. Yes, it is more expensive, but doesn't have all the preservatives in the products.

Comment

Sabine - I too only buy Boar's Head. I have seen the Boars Head hot dogs but didn't notice that they are natural casing. It is in a different location than the other dogs. Maybe it is natural casing. We really like the Turkey Pastrami Boars Head. It has a peppered edge and I usually get the Deluxe ham too, sliced as thin as possible or sometimes shaved. Does HEB sell Boar's Head? I think in a previous thread I mentioned my son and family will be moving to Texas. That is going to happen the end of July. I'm going to drive down with my son as there are items, he wants to take himself plus he needs to get a vehicle down there. Their house in Virginia sold in two days. They had a difficult time finding a house in the 77494-zip code due to the high school district they wanted to be in. They did secure one over the asking price. It is a smaller house and the people who are the original owners want to downsize - 8600 vs. 5500. I asked my son if he told him they were downsizing too - this house is much smaller than what he is leaving but it does have a four-car garage and a beautiful self-cleaning pool.

Comment

Yes, my HEB is selling Boars Head products. Yes, the Boars Head hot dogs are in a different section then the regular hot dogs. At my HEB they are close to all the deli meat / deli counter. I always get the low sodium roast beef and the mesquite smoked turkey.
                  My granddaughter sold her house here in SA in 3 days for about $ 40,000 above asking price , which is great. But now they are on the other end, so to speak. Looking for a house and now they are dealing with people who are making offers of close to $ 100,000 above asking price. It is a crazy market.
                  Sounds like your son found a great house , and who wouldn't like a self cleaning pool.

Comment

I was supposed to go out to dinner this evening but ran around so much with my daughter that when I came home I cancelled out on the dinner. I am going light on dinner this evening. I have hot dogs and it is a toss up between that and yogurt. I have some kraut that I could put on a hot dog with some spicy mustard.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day today, high puffy clouds with blue skies and sunshine. I did a few things around the house, then went down to talk to a new stylist (for me) about getting my curly hair cut next week. I hadn’t been happy with the lady doing mine at all and I was glad she retired last month. If she hadn’t, I was going to go somewhere else anyway. The new one was horrified with how it was cut last time and she explained what she’d do and it sounded more like what I was used to in CA, so I’m getting it cut next week. After that I stopped at the grocery store for some items I needed badly.

I’m going to reheat the rest of the cilantro lime pork kebabs, quinoa and brown rice and finish the other half of my chopped salad.

Comment

Working...
                      X