rosie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rosie

I am just wondering what project or projects you are working on, or your knit group is working on?

I have made 3 baby blankets out of that variegated yarn that is such a pretty light color, 2 lap throws, and am working on 2 blankets at the moment that are one twin and one double. Three scarves found their way into the mix also.

Your items are just so pretty and nice I love hearing about them.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

WOW LTB you go girl if you remember I didn't have enough yarn to make the afgan full size. Gals at knit group said oh just put a border on it & move on. Well, that didn't sit well with me. I kept checking thrift shops. Low and behold I found one new skein and had about 3 yds left so I'm sewing them together now. Haven't worked on it in days cause I'm determined to get cleaning done.
    I learned a new to me stitch, thermal stitch, really thick single crochet so been working on pot holders at knit group. I need something mindless there cause it's hard to count with all the talking/laughing.
    I did make a cardigan sweater. My first. Turned out really good. Sleeves a little long but I wore it a lot when it was cool. The girls all seemed to love it. Want to do another in a lighter weight yarn.
    of course I throw in mittens, beanies and scarves for charity.
    Don't think I'm keepin up with you tho
    The girls are doing usual. Sweaters, beanies, scarves, cowls and socks. They all knit. A new gal came few months ago. She is learning to crochet. She's doing pretty good if she can just relax. She struggles.

Comment

If you Google Delaney velvet crochet cardigan. That's the one I made. I put a reverse single also called a crab stitch around opening. Pretty stitch. I didn't use velvet didn't want it so heavy. I used hobby lobbys I love this yarn in teal.

Comment

I remember about you not having enough yarn and I could not find any for you either. I am happy you found some and can now finish it. It is beautiful.

I am the same, if I need concentrating then I am alone as I just cannot crochet, talk and not make mistakes.

I may be on a roll at the moment, but girl, you set a good pace yourself. I think donating is a rewarding feeling as you well know and just makes my day if I am in a store or somewhere and see someone wearing something I made. That is payment and reward enough for me.

The sweater looks beautiful, and you did a fantastic job, I am sure.

Have a good weekend!!!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
        X