May 28th Dinner Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 28th Dinner Post

It is overcast at the moment with the high of 70 and the low of 57.

A ham loaf, baked sweet potatoes and a salad will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

livetobake: how do you make your ham loaf? That is one thing I have never made/ate...altho I do love ham!!!!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Being honest Mudder, I do not have a "recipe" per say. I just mix a pound of ground ham, 3/4 pound ground pork, an egg, pepper, saltines, about 20 or so, crushed, and some evaporated mild, about a 3/4 a cup. I just add the milk till lit is the consistency of a meatloaf. I don't measure so this is just eyeballing except for the meat, and I don't have a problem if it varies just a little, not much.

Google ham loaf and there you go. I just picked the ingredients that I thought would taste good together and mixed it up. A lot are the same with small differences like diced onion. There is also a glaze you can make, those vary also and I think the tangy sweet ones add so much flavor. I hope you like it. It is great fried up in the morning with eggs, pancakes, French toast or just as a sandwich. I have changed how I make it over the years when I see a recipe that adds in something else that I have not tried. For myself, I love onions but did not like the onion in the loaf. I am thinking the next time I might add onion powder or dehydrated ones that I have soaked in a bit of warm water or grate a small amount. Do not use extra salt, the ham and crackers have plenty and as I am almost salt free I would find it way more salt then I would like.

Bake at 350 for about an hour and a half or until it reaches 160 degrees.

You are a good cook and am sure you will make a tasty one if you make one.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

We had a great day, although we saw another side to our youngest granddaughter (18 months). Hannah is usually a happy little soul but today she was anything but happy. Hopefully she wakes up tomorrow in a better frame of mind...

We met the family at the Plaster Fun House. It was fun... I painted a donut, John painted a train and Andrew chose SpongeBob SquarePants. We had dinner at their house. John had sausages, mashed potato and peas; Andrew had sausage, raw carrot and grated cheese; Hannah reluctantly had some kind of mashed vegetable combined with Strawberry yoghurt drops (yes, in the same mouthful); I had sesame chicken with fried rice; Julia had fried rice; Daryl had the same as me. It was happy chaos around the dining table... except for Hannah because she wasn't happy but she added to the chaos.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote,, I am wondering, has your house in Melton sold? It's been on the market for a while now . And how is the construction of the new house coming along ?

Comment

I’m listening to the kids next door play on their pool. Still drinking coffee but a bit later I will try to find something that sounds good for dinner. I’ve been thinking of gumbo for that but mah go with shrimp and grits. Likely will stall on the gumbo for a couple of days. I like to add okra to mine and don’t have everything I need.

Comment

It’s been cool and cloudy all day and it’s starting to sprinkle now. I’ve been doing some house stuff, vacuuming and sweeping, sorting out things and general straightening up. I seriously wonder how Abby still has any fur on her body with as much as she sheds. Oh well, small price to pay for such a good little companion. Not much else going on, kind of sticking close to home.

I’m trying out a recipe for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas tonight. I’m only making a half recipe but I’ve got it all mixed up and ready to assemble in a bit and it looks and smells divine. I’ll post it later if it comes out good. I’ll probably have some fruit with them.

Comment

Working...
              X