Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a drastic change in the temperature but the humidity is still high with the chance of rain through early afternoon. The high will be a lovely 68 and the low of 53.

Egg salad sandwiches, tomato soup and tapioca pudding will be dinner.

What is the menu for your dinner this Thursday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Cooler today low to mid 70s. Humidity to drop this afternoon **sigh** of relief.
    Joe said pork & dressing sounded good. Since it will be cooler I can do that. Picked up couple boneless 1/2 loins. He's going to trim them and cut into tenderloins. I will run them thru the cuber for breaded tenderloins or boneless pork chops. I love being married to a meat cutter

Comment

rosie,

Does Joe rent himself out? Hahahaha

Comment

LOL he used to but he's old now lol

Comment

Aren't we all?

Comment

I have not a single idea for dinner. Maybe a pasta dish or an omelet this evening. At this time I think it will likely be a Spanish Tortilla, which is nothing more than small white potatoes sliced up, sautéed, and eggs beaten with a bit of half and half and poured over cooked potato slices until set.

Comment

Chilled right down here! Thought it was a good day to make lasagne. Was hoping our daughter would be coming up from city to visit and she could enjoy the dinner, apparently very sick. Getting worried she may have pneumonia or bronchitis? Maybe a sinus infection? She was sick about 4 weeks ago, got better then got sick again. She tried to get in to her doctor but can't until June 21! Tried calling walk in clinic and they won't take anyone who has cold/flu/covid symptoms. What is left?.....go to hospital emerg? She just told me she has a phone call appt with her Dr tmo morn, but cannot see her. ugh. And I feel so bad as she is all alone as her husband is away at a work conference. I just wish I could be there, or her here with us so we could take care of her. She said she was too sick to chance the drive up here.
              Last edited by MudderBear; 06-03-2022, 08:00 AM.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hope she feels better soon Mudder.

Comment

It’s been quite warm and very humid today. It was in the mid-70’s and the humidity was over 70%. Thunderstorms expected tonight. I did a Costco and Safeway run today, I only needed 5 items at Costco and I loaded up on fresh veggies, chicken thighs and burger patties at Safeway. I couldn’t believe how busy Costco was! All registers had long lines. I did self checkout, not something I usually do, but I’d have been there for another hour if I used the regular checkout. Tomorrow I’m going to do Food Saver bagging and sealing, should be set for awhile.

I made a Wagyu beef cheeseburger with Bleu cheese and I had a package of lentils and red beans in a tomato sauce with it. Madras brand, really tasty!

Comment

Working...
                  X