Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 3rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Yesterday was such a relief after the humidity dropped and one could feel comfortable again. Today will a high of 73 and the low of 51. I left a window open all night and my house feels wonderful this morning.

A quiche will be dinner along with a salad.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It is a beautiful day! I am going to finish up the rest of my flower planting today. Hubby is just finishing putting up fencing around new raised bed veggie garden boxes, will put seeds in tmo, along with my herb plants - parsley, rosemary, dill, chives, basil. We have scaled way down, only doing a few rows of romaine & radish, which I will keep re-seeding, I also have 2 'snacker' cuke plants...they climb up a trellis and grow very fast, looking forward to those. The other smaller bed will be all green beans.
    Dinner will be leftover lasagne, which is great cuz that will give me more time to spend outside
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I have had the grand kids most of the week during the days. My oldest DD has been working for us quite often cleaning houses and is starting to get some other clients so good for her. Today is the first day the 10 yr old decided to play with the dog. Since my dog is pretty darn big and rough I was shocked, it was fun to watch them run around the yard. The dog always needs exercised and honestly the kid can use it as well. Usually the only person besides me to play with the dog is my 4 yr old grandson. He has the adhd so they say, I think he is just being raised in a real shitty environment. His personality matches the dogs so they both try to out annoy each other.

My SIL is really ill. She has an infection in her leg and they have been trying to save it when really she needs to man up and just take the leg off. Hubs brother passed away when they took off his foot so I understand being scared. I am just so over every one boo hooing and the emotional rollercoaster everyone is on. I mean it sucks to say it but its exhausting. Her kids are giant pieces of poop so my daughter is there cleaning her house now because its filthy. I just dont get why her kids leave her like that when my kids are doing the best to take care of her. Its also not like I can rant about it to anyone else either because I always end up being the bad guy. I have been doing a great job at keeping my mouth shut.

Anyways, we had a big lunch of boxed mac and cheese and tater tots. I am ready for bed and its not even 3 pm!! Probably a quick grilled cheese and cantaloupe for dinner.

Comment

It sure is nice now that I’ve blocked the spammers and I don’t have to wade through pages of spam! Thanks again for the advice!

Well, there’s been a little bit of everything today; cold and cloudy, then partly sunny, then pouring down rain, now it’s sunny again. Of course you know it was pouring when I had to go into the post office to mail something this afternoon. I was going to go to the first farmer’s market for the season but it was still pouring. Oh well, maybe next week. Not much else happening today.

I’m going to have more of the chicken shawarma, turmeric rice and yellow squash for dinner.

Comment

You are welcome. Glad it helped.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
          X