Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam

It is now pages and pages of garbage (spam) on this board. These jerks are ruining it for everyone, and I really do see this board shutting down. It would be more useful if these immature people put their 'talents' to work in legitimate endeavors instead of something like this. Their parents must be so proud!!! I don't understand the mindset of people like this but in today's world, there are a lot of mindsets that have gone haywire. I hope Stephanie sees this and decides what to do. Not sure it can be stopped. This may be my last post due to this hacking which is too bad.

Vera... I was just sitting down to write to you. I tried to delete it all but after getting rid of 20 pages of spam, it had come straight back in. Even if I spent 24 hours deleting them, I still couldn't keep up with it. It's not a person doing this. It's a program that is being using to flood this site with the spam. I sent Stephanie a message about it but I don't know if she has seen it yet.

I'm sorry... I don't have the 'power' for want of a better word to get rid of it...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Deleting the individual messages is obviously not the answer, the person / profile needs to be removed. And even that may not be the answer, they just may come back under another profile name.
      This is just like the spam calls you get on your phone, you can block them and they just come back under a new phone # , same spam.
      Vera you can block the " profile name " by putting them in your ignore list and then you don't see them anymore. Doesn't solve the problem but at least you don' t see them anymore.
      Not sure anybody would want to post anymore in light of the fact with all this spam ?

Comment

Bumping to try and keep this towards the top (for a few minutes anyway!)

Where is Stephanie???

Comment

bump to the top for others to see. Too bad there are such idiot people/programs in this world.

Comment

I just block them as they post. *POOF*
            No spam!

Comment

Bump Bump Bump

Comment

I’ve got them blocked now, I don’t see the posts at all now, such a relief!

Comment

I know someone posted on how to block the spam and I didn't do it at the time. Now there are so many pages of spam garbage that I can't locate it. Could someone bump it up for me and perhaps for other readers now since we realize this is a BIG problem instead of just two or three spam posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                    Vera... I was just sitting down to write to you. I tried to delete it all but after getting rid of 20 pages of spam, it had come straight back in. Even if I spent 24 hours deleting them, I still couldn't keep up with it. It's not a person doing this. It's a program that is being using to flood this site with the spam. I sent Stephanie a message about it but I don't know if she has seen it yet.

I'm sorry... I don't have the 'power' for want of a better word to get rid of it...
                    Can you ban people and freeze letting new people sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      I know someone posted on how to block the spam and I didn't do it at the time. Now there are so many pages of spam garbage that I can't locate it. Could someone bump it up for me and perhaps for other readers now since we realize this is a BIG problem instead of just two or three spam posts.
                      Here you go Vera, got to settings, you can locate that under your name on the upper right side of the page, go to account, go to the bottom of that page and there is a space where you can key in the name of the profile you want to block, make sure you click on save
                      Hope that works for you

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post

I don't know if Chayote can, I know Stephanie can, she banned me and reinstated me years ago. She also could close the board and not allow any new people to sign up. So it would not be an open board anymore the way it is now. But as far as I know only Stephanie can do all that.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post

No, unfortunately not. All I can do is delete topics and threads, close topics and approve threads that needed approval. I wish I could freeze letting new people for a while and stop the spam

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Here you go Vera, got to settings, you can locate that under your name on the upper right side of the page, go to account, go to the bottom of that page and there is a space where you can key in the name of the profile you want to block, make sure you click on save
                            Hope that works for you
                            that didn't work for me... I've been having issues with that part of the setup. It won't allow me to change anything because it comes up with an error message that says that my email addresses don't match, but it matches.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

No, unfortunately not. All I can do is delete topics and threads, close topics and approve threads that needed approval. I wish I could freeze letting new people for a while and stop the spam
                              I guess sooner or later they will get tired of it and move on. It really got bad once people started talking about blocking him. They are just being childish. I guess we should just quit complaining and ignore it. It's not bad when being signed in

Comment

Working...
                              X