Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy and has rained off and on all night. Rain is predicted for the morning here and then will gradually clear up. The high will be 74 and the low 55.

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and a fruit salad will be dinner.

What is your dinner menu for tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am thinking pulled pork in bbq gravy over mashed potatoes over buttermilk biscuits. I need to go shopping but have 0 motivation.

Comment

I never have motivation when it involves shopping. I am a list person in order of the store and want in and out as fast as possible. I also found out shopping that way there is no impulse buying which with the prices the way they are is even better now.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Today was fun. I went to poker with John where we have lunch before he plays. I had pumpkin and herb soup and a side of onion rings. John had roast beef and vegetables but he balked at the brussel sprouts and corn.

After he started playing the game, I drove over to Julia's house and we then went shopping at a wholesale butchers that she found. I've never seen such high quality meat at reasonable prices. I bought some pork spareribs, lamb chops, chicken roll with sticky apricot marinade and a beef girello roast that I will cut into four pieces and freeze three of them. All up I spent $86 that will see us through the next 4 to 5 weeks. She has set me up with the butcher (the produce... not the person), fruit and vegetables that come straight from the growers and is delivered for free the day after I order and now all I need to find is a hairdresser and I'll be set.

We had sandwiches for dinner. We don't need two hot meals in one day.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s really been a nice day today, you could hear the sounds of mowers and weed eaters all over the neighborhood. I took advantage of the sun and comfortable temperatures to thoroughly douse my gravel patch with Round Up because the stupid dandelions look like something out of a primeval forest out there! I’m hoping to get it cleared out and then buy a load of gravel to cover the bare spots. I need to tackle the back yard too. I saw a post on our neighborhood Facebook page earlier, a young lady wanted to borrow a power edger, I contacted her and said she could use mine. I love this neighborhood, neighbors helping neighbors. When she brought it back she was so grateful, even gave me money for the gas she used.

I’m craving a cheeseburger and some guacamole and chips so that’s what I’m making tonight. Ever since I discovered that putting whole avocados in water in the refrigerator keeps them ripe for weeks I always have a good supply of them ready to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
            Ever since I discovered that putting whole avocados in water in the refrigerator keeps them ripe for weeks I always have a good supply of them ready to eat.
            Thanks for reminding me of that tip, Charlene. Avocados are out of season here now but I need to note it down so I won't forget when they come back I'm hoping to grow an avocado tree in the future.
            Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

You’re welcome Chayote! I had one a few days ago that had been in water for at least 3 weeks and it was just perfect. Just put the whole thing in, don’t cut them. I was talking to my sister a couple of days ago and she thanked me profusely for that tip because she loves avocados too and it worked like a charm for her too.

Comment

Working...
              X