Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a lovely cool morning with plenty of sunshine. The high will be 76 and the low of 58 with rain possible this evening.

As DGS loves his grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwiches, we will have those along with a salad and coconut cream pie.

What will you be having for your meal this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Beautiful day. High 78. Rain this eve. If their right we won't need A/C til next week.
    Joe got a turtle from a guy with a pond. So he will be having that for 2 or 3 days. He's very happy. I will just have whatever.
    Amish store has beautiful strawberries. Going to make a dish of strawberry delight.

Comment

rosie, would mind sharing how you make strawberry delight? I have some and that sounds like it would be a good way of using them. Thank you in advance and have a great day!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        Joe got a turtle from a guy with a pond. So he will be having that for 2 or 3 days. He's very happy.
        rosie, what does turtle taste like? Is it fishy or meaty? I can't see myself ever tasting it but I'm curious. I've seen contestants on Naked and Afraid catch them and then cook them over fire.

John and I went to the Salvation Army Op Shop today. I found a few treasures... two little chairs that fit an 18" doll, a Wiggles bear that plays music and another little collectable bear with a lovely dress (at least will will be lovely after I wash it and replace the elastic in the sleeves). It was fun. John didn't find any books that took his interest. I have a Cabbage Patch doll that has a discoloured head and I've been looking out for the same model of doll with a good head and crappy body. I've read the instructions online for swapping heads.

Dinner tonight: John had two lamb chops, carrots, mashed potato, peas and onions; I had a mini rolled chicken roast with apricot marinade with alfalfa sprouts and pea shoots. The sprouts and shoots were great, chicken was just ok. I won't buy it again.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

oh my gosh! I totally didn't get Rosie's post until I read Chayote's re: what does turtle taste like! I saw pond and just figured Joe got a turtle for 'his' pond lol!

It's rather a very nice, fresh day! Hubby just finished putting up the last of the fence for the veg garden...he was short 15 ft and had to go buy a chunk from a fencing company...not cheap! $130. Anyway, it was needed. I will go and do some planting this afternoon as soon as the soup I am making for our dinner is done - potato leek soup + grilled cheese sandwiches.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

That dinner sounds good Mudder. I can eat homemade soup every day and so can DGS.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
              rosie, would mind sharing how you make strawberry delight? I have some and that sounds like it would be a good way of using them. Thank you in advance and have a great day!!
              I will post in t& t

Comment

We are trying to buy all of the kids each a house, nothing fancy just a fixer upper. We finally got one and of course its a hoarder house. Hubs will be working late tonight with the crew getting it emptied. I am sure he will come home smelling like cat pee. Barf! We are putting the houses in a trust so they can never borrow against it, take a mortgage, or loose it in a divorce. I am petty like that, but they really just have no brains when it comes to financial planning.

Since hubs wont be home until after dark I will probably make a greek salad. I have a craving for some purple olives.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chayote;n762313]

rosie, what does turtle taste like? Is it fishy or meaty? I can't see myself ever tasting it but I'm curious. I've seen contestants on Naked and Afraid catch them and then cook them over fire.
                  they are very rich. I have tasted it and it is good. I don't LOVE it like Joe so I let him have it all. Joe says it is not fishy. He said it taste like turtle lol I know it's kinda sticky. ???

Comment

Thanks rosie!!

Comment

I’m thinking a small serving of beef stroganoff. I am definitely getting hungry. I spent most of my afternoon taking care of items that had been neglected. I have one more to do and it then I can work on dinner.

have a good evening

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today, we had some wind earlier this morning but it’s been very nice the rest of the day. I did go out and dig up a bunch of monster dandelions earlier, the Round Up definitely helped kill those suckers. I’ll do some each day, there are a lot of them. I finished the book Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah this afternoon, I’m going to start another one by her later this evening called Distant Shores. I really enjoy her books.

I’m going to try out a recipe for Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta and I’m also going to have a half a bag of Twisted Asian Caesar Salad with it.

Comment

muzette: thank god you can do that for your kids....our house prices here are thru the roof! There are no starter homes here. Our daughter and hubby have been looking for a year and a half...put bids on a few homes $599-$649, and they all go for more than $200, more. One place they really liked was listed for $829...it went for !,2000.00 + They still want to keep their condo in city, and sell later when their area gets more developed. So its hard for them to keep condo and pay outrageous amount here for a second home.
                          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder we decided we would rather spend money on the kids when we can enjoy it. We get some good deals at tax sales so it was less than the cost of a new car. You are always taking a risk at tax sales because you dont get to see inside the house.

Comment

Working...
                            X